View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : Triton144

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:02 pm

eMi You need to stop posting things that are completely unrelated to a thread that is considered hijaking. You have to make your own.

Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : opaca

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Like justin said, most of the time the second bot is empty, and for this reason people don't bother joining it, EVEN if the bots tell them the information and they are aware of its existence. If we have people telling them that the bot is filling, they might join, where otherwise they wouldn't.

For example, right now the game needs one more person before it starts. I bet that if I could let the people over at clanvbl1 know that, someone would join.

Last edited by opaca on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eMi_Vpk[PaiN]
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : eMi_Vpk[PaiN]

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:03 pm

lol ok but just anwser that last post i did please
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 pm

There is nothing else we can do then. If people do not want to join the beta then we cannot make them. I personally like it and am happy to play it when I'm on.

Come use the chat box on the main forum page it will make for a much better discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:06 pm

...what? did you completely misunderstand my comment?

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Well what would you have us do about it? We cannot just have people joining one game and stripping it of all its players (which honestly prob wouldn't even happen) because that's not fair to those that want to play it.
Back to top Go down
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:13 pm

I already explained above.. I refuse to make a post with an explanation for a 5 year old

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:16 pm

No you did not You said "if I could let them know". How will you let them know and make them aware its filling without going into games and basically trolling the countdown for everyone else? If you find a way to promote the new map I'm all for it but to say im 5 for something you have no more a solution to than me is just pathetic.

Last edited by Triton144 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 pm

by joining the game

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:18 pm

You can't just do that!!! We aren't sacrifice one game for the other its not fair You are welcome to tell them about the new version but you can't just go into the old bot and say GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 and leave.

Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Justin ffs stop crying.... I have a life away from here.  To my knowledge there has been no ban as you have suggested.  You have had defacto control of the testing for about 2 years.  How did that work for you?

Now let another group have a go at it.  Thanks.

Note: If Mark has any problem with this he can come talk to me anytime... he knows how to reach me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 pm

it wouldn't be sacrificing one for the other. if people want to play the new vresion they are more likely to join it if they know it's filling. it would be sacrifice if we forced them to join the other game

you can't just go into the old bot and say GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 GN VAMP BEAST BETA +2 and leave.   I have never done this

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:23 pm

I know but im saying that is what we are not allowing people to do. Like you said people are more than welcome to play the new version but you cannot go into the old lobby and tell them to join the beta and then just leave that is ruining the game for the people that want to play 1.500f

Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:25 pm

The opposite is also true, not allowing me to inform the people that actually want to play the beta that the game is actually filling is ruining the game for the people that want to play beta

Last edited by opaca on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Yes we don't want people joining the beta and saying hey come play 1.500f. So the only fair way is to not allow people to recruit from the other.

Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:27 pm

once again you did not understand what I said

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm

No I understood it and replied with a statement that shows how its flawed

Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:29 pm

this is the scenario: most of the time clanvbl2 is empty. I want to play the new version, however I will not stay in that lobby for indefinite time until a game starts. Instead, I join clanvbl1. If someone came into clanvbl1 and told me that the beta is filling, I would join right away. You say this is unfair for the people that want to play 1.5. I say that not allowing the information to reach me is unfair for the people that want to play beta. do you understand now?

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:31 pm

What if you were in the beta bot and it was filling and some one joined and said hey 1.500f needs 4 more and everyone left.

Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:35 pm

I wouldn't care. Rigging other's people actions so that your wish becomes true is what you are doing here, and it is not correct. If they left to join 1.5, that means they want to play that more than the beta, and it is fine with me.

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Look this is my final comment on this subject. I want the same thing you do. To see people playing the new version. As ClanVBL we are doing everything we can to give you but we can't ignore that if we open people up to recruiting from the other bot it will turn into a player gathering war and diehards on both sides will just rip the other. We really have done everything we can think of to do to promote it the best we can Dawn even graciously bought you a bot to host it with they aren't free and she didn't have to. We added messages so people will now about it. There's nothing more we can do with the resources we have. If you want it to fill more quickly the ask dawn and give some money and she can buy more Ganrea rooms for it. Or make a website to promote it. Game popularity oes not appear over night. Just work with us and we can help you, tell us what you want and propose solutions that will work for everyone not just some people and we will be more than happy to help you. Its our job as the shamans. If you try to fight us the whole way about every little thing nothing is ever gonna happen cause we are out of ideas.  I hope you understand we are not trying to stop you but help you. Look at how far its come so far! 30 games in 2 days all from ClanVBL bots, money, help, promotions. Just stop fighting us so we can work with you. ~Trton144

Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Look this is my final comment on this subject. Forbidding information to reach people is stupid and wrong. Unfortunately, you can be wrong all you want, since KerryJones owns that bot. Just don't try convince yourself or the others that you made the fair decision.

Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:33 pm

This is my first and last comment on the subject. Opaca, Justin, and myself have done more for the new version than anyone else, other than Mark of course.

Clan VBL can host their cool little meetings and talk all they want. They can ban lobby theft all they want. If you guys are smart, you'll just go into the Clan VBL game and just whisper everyone, then leave.

You're deluding yourselves if you think just because you host the bot you'll have a say in how the version progresses.

If you have an idea about what you'd like to see happen with the map, suggest it. If it's a good idea, it'll be refined and added. If it's shit, it'll be ignored. Who you are or what position you maintain in the community won't be relevant.

Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Dawn your clan has had neg thoughts on the map without stating why and refusing to play it. This includes yourself and is the reason it was never finished. That is what mark says and what I have noticed as well. so your statement seems to be contradicting itself considering your saying let people create the map who dont want it completed. Also you have done really nothing for the new version when me deku and opaca contributed prob over a hundred hours. Your trying to act like you have helped with anything testing when if i remember correctly all u did was sit and watch everyone else play. but im trying to give everyone an opportunity to play the new version even if its people i dont know. you are trying to block that and because you have no good argument your trying to have a flame war. Your being childish and not trying to improve the vb community prob because i am justin and you just dont want to agree with me. regardless rather than hurting your great vb community actually try to help it out by allowing everyone equal opportunity to play the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
czydude
Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 pm

I honestly have no idea what this debate is about anymore.

But one quick suggestion for clanvbl2: Setup the custom game filters so it shows up under "Map Size: Small" and "Map Type: Scenario". This has already been done for ClanVBL and dotacash bots. i have no idea how its done, but there has to be a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranting101   

Back to top Go down

Ranting101
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampirism Beast Legends :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: