Ranting for Fun1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Ranting for Fun1   Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Wow if people spent this much time investment on useful Beta map analysis we would've been done forever ago.

Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:11 pm

the_deku_nutt wrote:
Wow if people spent this much time investment on useful Beta map analysis we would've been done forever ago.
Wow....,maybe if the group that was leading the testing was more welcoming and less engaged in trolling .... the map would have been out two YEARS ago. Hard to get a map tested though, without a community..... *sigh*

Perhaps it is time to stop beating that tired old drum, deku, and focus on a more positive approach?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Sir.

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:33 pm

the_deku_nutt wrote:
He does have a point though dawn, other than the odd post fhf does there is nothing to highlight the new map or anything, Perhaps if the more experienced players like Deku opaca etc made up some guides on the new map, New players wouldnt mind giving it a try. i know i would find it alot more welcoming to join in the beta with a little heads up on what to do and what to build.

Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Considering most of the prominent non-VBU players in the community played the map once, passed judgement, and didn't look at it again for months afterwards, I'd say that I could have been smiles and rainbows without it having much impact.
The few that play on a semi-regular basis rarely, if ever, give useful feedback. Most of the interesting and useful information has come from within the core group of 2-3. People want to complain about X feature or the absence of Y, but they don't want to give ideas or suggestions that actually have some argument behind them.

Two major reasons why the map isn't done is because so many balance decisions had to be reverted to compensate for players performing poorly and skewing results. We're not talking about stuff like not knowing new information, we're talking dying with no walls up. Casual level stuff. The problem isn't quantity, it's quality.
Additionally, so many players are accustomed to just winning for free that when they lose in the first game, they just don't come back for more for awhile because they're butthurt.

The drum isn't tired. It's just falling on deaf ears. A more apt phrase would be, "I should stop beating a dead horse", where the dead horse is this community.

Edit for Sir (he posted while I was wall-of-texting):

I have no problem posting a highlights/guide/information post if that's what players want. I haven't done that before because (and I don't mean to sound pretentious) I just forget that some people learn better from that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:53 pm

"Your opinion is wrong"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : Triton144

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:38 pm

the_deku_nutt wrote:
Considering most of the prominent non-VBU players in the community played the map once, passed judgement, and didn't look at it again for months afterwards
The first night we released the map and began testing again 13 players came to me online and I had 4 msgs in my forum inbox (not making that up I counted), pros and scrubs, and said "insert name here" is maphacking/trolling/stomping over and over as vamp/ ect. So how can you blame them for passing judgment? Yeah the new map was not the nightmare they all thought it was but that doesn't mean it was worth them ever playing again all the same.

Edit cutting this thread to another topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : opaca

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:09 am

popular guy triton

Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Facts are facts, Opaca, but the beta we are testing right now is not the same as it was when we began hosting it a couple of weeks ago. The balance in power between humans and the vamps is coming along so that the game does become a real contest between the two sides. I would very much like to see the map completed.

For those players who have not tried the new map, I encourage you to come out and play it. Try something new and participate in creating the new map. Your input will make it even better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eMi_Vpk[PaiN]
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : eMi_Vpk[PaiN]

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Idk Why you people are arguing about but you should be grateful to dawn she made a bot for public hosting that already good enough in fact if that didnt happen you need to test it on your own because beta are not for public hosting in general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
czydude
Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

actually, this beta is intended for public hosting because the quantity of games played isnt enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eMi_Vpk[PaiN]
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : eMi_Vpk[PaiN]

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1   Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 pm

exactly if this wasnt public hosting the beta wouldnt of never been test it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranting for Fun1