Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:37 pm

does that mean deku was just some trash pub player? le gasp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Draw your own conclusions...... lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 pm

czydude wrote:
does that mean deku was just some trash pub player? le gasp
I'm happier being some trash pub player than being some trash Clan player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerry Jones
Chieftan
Chieftan

Battle.net Name : KerryJones

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:46 am

I became involved with the community back in February of 2007 which I caught fairly quickly and learned how to build a reasonable base. I gained much more attention back in May of 2007 when players were beginning to recongize my name in 1.475b. My famous move was Unholy, Inferno, Silence, Transmog, and Chain. I know dawn fell for this numerous of times. I was also famous for the quad inferno on a giga. There are 2 epic battles we faced after the creation of VBL as a clan. It was against Goett and VBE. It was an inhouse game with their clan leader Mr.Sithred. Dynasty_Skull and I had barely any feed left. I had laid a massive grave that was slightly damaged. Well, the sad thing is Goett had autorepair on and he repaired the grave! We killed Mr.Sithred and Goett and the game went downhill for them and caused the clan to collapse after they lost. The next game was a game where Dawn and I were vamping and she got ganked early. 5 - 6 NOPG members were basing top left. with one to the right. Dawn helped tome me to lv 60 when I revealed a trick they've never seen before in a game. By the time they realized what had happened I tremble + coil + chain bruceisgreaaat and thebeastshards. I later bought sphere and broke into their base temporarily. In the middle of the game ZayasoWhoa glitched the credit card. I managed to breach their god castle wall again and had cloak of shadow this time where I proceeded to rip them a new one and won. Finally, the clan was formed because of a disagreement with M2TM and some bitch name Kali who was the Vamp Beast community whore. Thats history for ya. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ritalin
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Ritalin- May know me as DaFlyinHamster

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:27 am

I remember Kali slightly Razz 

czydude
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Kali was hilarious. She got ez shaman by sending nudes to kj.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerry Jones
Chieftan
Chieftan

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:20 pm

She never had shaman. It was mike who did that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MUSE
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : MUSEfanboy[MN]

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:37 pm

3,5 years ago one good day I joined a VB map created by VBL thinking it was another version of vampirism. Even if in my first try i did horrible, i did like it.

I played a few months before meet Opaca and h2_2. They teached me how to become a good player. We had fun. Then both of them decided to create Clan NS (Night Stalkers) and i joined them. It didnt last much.

Then i got bored of VB and started play DBZ Elite. Then got bored of it and started with Naruto Ninpou two years ago. Joined clan MN and after a few months I became part of the leadership.

Since a few weeks I saw a VB map being hosted, i joined and started to play again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MUSE
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Btw, my last game 2 years ago were Testing the VB Beta. I were supriced that it never came out not even after 2 years lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerry Jones
Chieftan
Chieftan

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:23 pm

MUSE wrote:
3,5 years ago one good day I joined a VB map created by VBL thinking it was another version of vampirism. Even if in my first try i did horrible, i did like it.

I played a few months before meet Opaca and h2_2. They teached me how to become a good player. We had fun. Then both of them decided to create Clan NS (Night Stalkers) and i joined them. It didnt last much.

Then i got bored of VB and started play DBZ Elite. Then got bored of it and started with Naruto Ninpou two years ago. Joined clan MN and after a few months I became part of the leadership.

Since a few weeks I saw a VB map being hosted, i joined and started to play again.
I'm calling BS. Opaca and H2_2 wasnt even around 5 years ago and the map wasnt created by VBL. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ritalin
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Ritalin- May know me as DaFlyinHamster

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Kerry Jones wrote:
MUSE wrote:

I'm calling BS. Opaca and H2_2 wasnt even around 5 years ago and the map wasnt created by VBL. LOL
I think he means 3.5 not 5, and the game was hosted by vbl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MUSE
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 pm

right... 3 years and half
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwypaas
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Gwypaas

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 am

Northern.Lite wrote:
czydude wrote:
Ive spent too much time on this game.

Who remembers the formation of VBL, and the immediate splitting off of VBL into VBE? (not elites, exiled)
Obviously KerryJones and I remember the formation of VBL (we are the only founders of the clan still around). And VBE was not a split off clan, it was formed by players that wanted and did not get invites into VBL.  Smile
VbE (exiles) was a split off clan before VBL even existed, it was the autumn of 2008, because people got tired of some shenanigans in VbU if I remember correctly. I think it kinda revolved around Kerry's attitude and the UnRequired guy clashing with Benzas and ZayaSoWhoa. Well people ran off from VbU and created the clan, I joined it on some Alt (GuhVeePaws) for shit and giggles according to the chat logs on GTALK i found.

VBL was then formed in April 2009 according to http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-clan-profile.aspx?ClanTag=VBL&Gateway=Azeroth and was long after VbE and VbU had reconciled with VbE being dissolved and everyone mostly happy again except Kerry who didn't like not being number one in VbU and therefore ran off with Dawn and created VBL. Well, Kali also had some to do with it but it was mostly due to Fhf and Mike being the leaders and therefore calling the shots if I remember correctly. And this is why VBL never really can become the old school real Vamp beast clan, because Kerry created it to show VbU that he could do stuff better, while nobody really cared and VbU continued to be the premier clan to be in. Well, as with all old clans VbU started to turn inactive and is today a shell of it's former self. (Well WC3 is pretty much dead so not much to do anyways.)

VBE (elites) was then created as some split off of VBL stuff which no one bother to care about because they were trash as Dawn said.

Anyways, my history in VB starts a looong time ago. I was playing a lot of Island Defense with an aussie named DoomDriver which some of you might remember. Suddenly he started playing this Vampirism Beast map which I also joined in on when M2tM was hosting and releasing versions like a wildfire. Was almost like he updated the version between every time he hosted. I then hung around and easy peasy got an invite into VbU since I was clanless at the time and DoomDriver was a shaman.

I then played Vampirism Beast on and off for some time but my main game was still Island Defense. I was fairly active on the forum doing stupid shit and I was learning to use the editor during the autumn of 2007 and spring of 2008. So after the map had been stuck on 1.475b for a long time I think I contacted FHF and asked if I could help out or something. Don't know really how I got involved as an editor but it was in the summer or autumn of 2008. My first chats with FHF on GTALK are from August 2008 so I guess I got involved around that time I then proceeded to redo much of the map because it was mostly in horribly inefficient GUI riddled with stupid bugs, crashes and performance problems. Looking through the logs I pretty much recoded every important system, the base claim, trade system, termite claws, claws of pillaging (You know, they were stacking when I coded them because I like imbaness!), golden tremble, soul bomb, mirror, taskmaster (To a system which didn't lag the entire fucking map by switching out the units) and so on. This lead to numerous bugs but finally almost a year after 1.475b we had 1.480 released which was pretty much an entirely new map. I saw some chat log from around the time that 1.490 was released that we kinda celebrated that since 1.475 we had pretty much recoded all of the GUI in the map.

Then I tihnk FHF and I kinda became inactive in the spring of 2009 so M2tM felt that he had the need to pick up the donations and stuff. That's when he brought the Kali girl in and all went to shit. He tried to have her edit but she couldn't do shit, FHF was busy and I was also kinda busy and only worked on the fun parts. It ended with massive confrontations in the editing group with the result that all the work Kali and M2tM did never was implemented and me and FHF continuing on our own vowing to never pass the map to M2tM or Kali again. Somewhere inbetween all this Kerry split off into VBL and was much laughed at.

Kerry you did not get involved in 2007. The first map on Epicwar was uploaded in June 2007 and that was v 1.22. I can imagine you getting involed in 2008 because 1.475b was uploaded to Epicwar in December 2007 and I remember you coming in a long time after the community had already been established with a forum ( http://mutedvision.net/maps ) which is still online but unused. Well, we had already migrated to Athrapy's forum when you came onboard. Quite fun looking at the memberlsit http://mutedvision.net/maps/memberlist.php and seeing that I was the 7th persion to join on June 26th 2007.

OH YEAH, I also remember being special since beginning. I don't know what I did but I did something stupid and was therefore awarded with a defamatory pink human to show the other players of my stupidity. I think I hacked the map or something, don't remember. That lasted until I became an editor and created my nice little ball human with a phoenix blink, and then some versions later I don't know how FHF did it my charm was made permanent on Liches so my name was permabanned on all bots. I didn't really care though since I had already picked up editing Island Defense and only hung out in the VbU or VBL channel once in a while to have a chat with the oldtimers.

Last edited by Gwypaas on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:51 am

Gwypaas wrote:
That lasted until I became an editor and created my nice little ball human with a phoenix blink, and then some versions later I don't know how FHF did it my charm was made permanent on Liches

Mark denies being responsible for the permacharm on your name. Guess we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : opaca

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 am

i like your story better than kerry's
http://mutedvision.net/maps/memberlist.php this is also pretty cool

Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Emo.Donky

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 am

czydude wrote:
Kali was hilarious. She got ez shaman by sending nudes to kj.
Kerry you sly dog Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emo.Donky
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 am

Gwypaas wrote:
( http://mutedvision.net/maps )
You have changed my life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am

Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 am

That forum makes me depressed, why can't we have a forum like that Sad

opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 am

prolly because it wasnt moderated by vbl, so people didnt get banned for posting this http://24.media.tumblr.com/540968a75a03ce9f21410cd29e73287a/tumblr_mn2plrZJAX1ra8kwbo1_250.gif

Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : proprovamp

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:02 am

Emo.Donky wrote:
Cuz spambots are not welcome on phpbb based forum? What a Face 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
czydude
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:30 pm

inb4 mutedivision gets a huge surge of traffic from people clicking the links on this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emo.Donky
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:09 pm

proprovamp wrote:
Emo.Donky wrote:
Cuz spambots are not welcome on phpbb based forum? What a Face 
Not the spam bots, the what looks to be alive as community with MAP UPDATES! :O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerry Jones
Chieftan
Chieftan

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 pm

VBL was formed because Kali nearly assumed control of the entire clan by mark. We had a big discussion on it and decided to form our own clan to get away from that bitch and it probably was feb 2008. I wasn't also active on the muted vision forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwypaas
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Gwypaas

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Kerry Jones wrote:
VBL was formed because Kali nearly assumed control of the entire clan by mark. We had a big discussion on it and decided to form our own clan to get away from that bitch and it probably was feb 2008. I wasn't also active on the muted vision forum.
That might be the reason at the time, but the true reason has always been that you weren't allowed to have the power you wanted. It was pretty obvious at the time that you had high goals, and assumed more and more control over the clan and forum. Then you stirred the hornets nest by kicking ZayaSoWhoa from the clan and got pretty harshly put down by Epididymus, Murs, FHF and me leading to tons of drama.

The situation was that you had for a long time treated people in VbU differently depending on if they were your personal friends or not. If they got caught hacking they got a slap on the wrist, when Zaya was halfly accused of hacking he was instantly removed from the clan by you. This created a shitstorm that not even you could weather.

You got demoted to a peon in the clan and lost pretty much all the reputation you had built up. You never really recovered from that in VbU and therefore you went and created VBL 3 months later, so you could be the undisputed leader. Sure Kali had something to do about it but since you had threatened/mentioned it before Kali even joined the community it wasn't really a surprise.

To quote Epid on December 5th 2008:
epididymus: so anyways
14:39 sithred, fhf, me, and ath were on the lobby at vent
 kerry was not online at this point
epididymus: I was talking about how Kerry mentioned that if he leaves the clan, he can take about 16 people with him
 he said it the night before

I don't remember if you were given shaman back or not but either way, you lost your credability in VbU during that incident and then went to create VBL in spite of VbU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did your VB career start?   

Back to top Go down

How did your VB career start?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next