Can someone explain something to me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Sir.

PostSubject: Can someone explain something to me?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:56 am

Ok so ive been playing VB on and off now for years, Been on multiple forums and know the rules down to a T, And as a member of this clan i should. But i have noticed that multiple ban requests have been submitted with a pub and a clan member both breaking rules yet only the pub is banned?

Like the most recent one of a Vamp breaking a base then allowing a pub to spam workers and buildings so he can feed.

As a clan member that nosf should have known that the pub was trolling the other humans and feeding him. But yet they get away with it time and time again.

Why is this?
If things are so unclear how about making sure new members and older members know the rules?

Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : opaca

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 am

it is clear that the tag comes with many perks

Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Tanasren

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Opaca wrote:
it is clear that the tag comes with many perks
like you, maphacking

PS : it's a semi joke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:26 pm

im just that good

Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Its not maphacking if you call it map awareness/game sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 pm

its easy to cry maphack nowadays

Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Sir. the game in question, the human was told not to feed quite clearly in ally chat before he upgraded all his houses and began spamming super ubers. The vamp was inside taking down the base while this was going on. A warning was issued to him after his nosf started taking the workers (note: the workers were not spammed until the nosf was right there and they had been rallied to him).

The ban call on kazinaa was simple and straight forward. On llShadowll, though, since he has never been banned on the bot, I felt that a warning to review the rules was sufficient. If there is another incident, there will be no free pass.

As for clan members not being banned, you could not be more wrong. There is at least one admin that was banned not too long ago. You may not like the judgment call, but I tried to be as fair as possible. If any other admin would like to discuss it, I am open to a dialogue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MUSE
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : MUSEfanboy[MN]

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 am

Gus in Clan MN we have a warning system. How is it work? You need a Stealth bot with a special plugin. Every rule broken has a % and when you hit 100% the player gets auto banned for 7 days. You can set it so every admin can use a command like this: .warn <user> <%> <Reason>. After 7 days the player gets unbanned.

Our version of the pluggin is different from everyone else because we paid to someone to create it and make it better than the original.

You should also add an auto ban for nosfs. I mean, if they leave, they kinda ruin the game. So make it a 30 min ban to prevent the mother fucker joining the next game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:47 am

Holy crap it's almost like the buddy system makes punishment meaningless/nonexistent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emo.Donky
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Emo.Donky

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:33 am

MUSE wrote:
Gus in Clan MN we have a warning system. How is it work? You need a Stealth bot with a special plugin. Every rule broken has a % and when you hit 100% the player gets auto banned for 7 days. You can set it so every admin can use a command like this: .warn <user> <%> <Reason>. After 7 days the player gets unbanned.

Our version of the pluggin is different from everyone else because we paid to someone to create it and make it better than the original.

You should also add an auto ban for nosfs. I mean, if they leave, they kinda ruin the game. So make it a 30 min ban to prevent the mother fucker joining the next game
^ Genuis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:48 am

It is genius if your aim is to keep people out of the clan channel (the channel bots are stealthbots).  Virtually all bans imposed are intended to keep people banned from playing the clan hosted games for breaking the rules rather than keep them from the clan channel.  In addition, the hosting bots (which is where the ingame banning comes in) are ghost bots and so far as I am aware there is no interface for  the two (stealth and ghost) that would make them work together.

Could a warning system similar to what is described above be added to the ghost bot using a custom script?  Probably.  It would, however, only deal with the players on the realm to which the stealthbot was connected (unless you had stealthbots in all realms and people inputting warnings in each of them -- starts getting fairly complicated at that point I think).

The system we have now already results in bans (of from 2 hours to permanent, depending on the situation) and automatically deletes them when the ban period is over.  The panel for the ghost keeps track of past bans as well as current ones and can also capture aliases and extend the ban to include them.  In addition, it can ban on one or a series of realms (the hosting bots are connected to all 4 realms on bnet as well as several independent gaming services such as Garena).

As to autobanning a leaver nosf for 30 minutes that would require an interface between the map and the ghost bot. I doubt that will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : Triton144

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:45 am

MUSE wrote:

The system you speak of already exists on both Clan VBL bots it is just not used because it is ineffective. A bot with no brain can not determine when a rule is broken or not. But it is possible for admins to use the warn command like you are talking about but again it is ineffective because making a new account clears the warns for that player whereas a word of mouth warn applies to the player himself and with a second offense a ban that cannot be circumvented so easily.

Last edited by Triton144 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
czydude
Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 am

The nosf autoban might be possible. Im pretty sure that GHost has access to the teams that the players are in. And flagging the players on team 2 might be possible.

But then again, if a nosf leaves due to legitimate reasons, they might get autobanned anyways. Its probably better if its dealt on a case by case basis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ritalin
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Ritalin- May know me as DaFlyinHamster

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm

czydude wrote:

But then again, if a nosf leaves due to legitimate reasons, they might get autobanned anyways. Its probably better if its dealt on a case by case basis
True, and also if the nosf leaves after the game is won/lost (like every player does) it seems quite hard to program the bot to only autoban before the end game time or before the nosf dies.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain something to me?   

Back to top Go down

Can someone explain something to me?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1