View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ritalin
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Ritalin- May know me as DaFlyinHamster

PostSubject: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 pm

This may be a bit hypocritical, but..

A few days ago there was an incident in my game as nosf with (a VBL member) equipping his slayer with a claws of rending. I immediately told him that it was bannable and he needs to sell it right away. Not putting any blame on him, it seems reasonable to assume this, but he automatically thought that I was lying to help me win the game. (which I did.. Lel) it took me several minutes post game to convince him that the situation was indeed bannable. He apologized and I let it slip without a ban request.

My point being that a few VBL members do not know their rules, and more do not take care to follow them. I think that there should be some sort of initiation/test that new members and existing members alike to allow them to stay/enter the clan. The test being obviously that the player knows his/her rules and will make sure to present them to new players in-game that are breaking rules. Also, instead of insta-banning members that are caught via replay, their clan membership and forum permission could be revoked instead, along with a maybe shorter ban than what it would normally be.

Just a thought Razz  any ideas?

sillyhobo
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Wicked.Soul

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Was his slayer a batte slayer? Because claws of rending are only banned on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Sir.

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Ritalin wrote:
This may be a bit hypocritical, but..

A few days ago there was an incident in my game as nosf with (a VBL member) equipping his slayer with a claws of rending. I immediately told him that it was bannable and he needs to sell it right away. Not putting any blame on him, it seems reasonable to assume this, but he automatically thought that I was lying to help me win the game. (which I did.. Lel) it took me several minutes post game to convince him that the situation was indeed bannable. He apologized and I let it slip without a ban request.

My point being that a few VBL members do not know their rules, and more do not take care to follow them. I think that there should be some sort of initiation/test that new members and existing members alike to allow them to stay/enter the clan. The test being obviously that the player knows his/her rules and will make sure to present them to new players in-game that are breaking rules. Also, instead of insta-banning members that are caught via replay, their clan membership and forum permission could be revoked instead, along with a maybe shorter ban than what it would normally be.

Just a thought Razz  any ideas?

If you enforced that rule, VBL would have 15-20 members max

Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:15 pm

My suggestion is that you re-read the rules for gaming on ClanVBL ghost bot. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Q(c.cQ)
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Q(c.cQ)

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:56 am

I personally believe that for the sake of being user friendly that we move toward editing Vampirism Beast as it is if we're to ban anybody for a function that is a part of the game we simply need to void that out. I am not talking Beta, I'm talking some simple quick patches to current Vampirism Beast.

To say it is bannable but leaving it in the game is just altogether confusing for newer players like myself who may have been playing Vampirism for quite some time but are still relatively novice to the mechanics of the game.

But I do think a test for new recruits is to show an applicable knowledge of what isn't allowed in VBL hosted games would be a great idea, as well as showing a capability for growth in their skills, and finally willingness to contribute to the positive growth of the VBL community. I don't know if I personally even would be considered for recruitment at this time, but I do know at some point I will be. I'd be up for being the guinea pig for a new recruitment system if that is necessary or wanted at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:36 pm

This has been discussed, unfortunately Frozenhelfire does not have an unprotected version of 1.5 to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Sir.

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Q(c.cQ) wrote:
I personally believe that for the sake of being user friendly that we move toward editing Vampirism Beast as it is if we're to ban anybody for a function that is a part of the game we simply need to void that out. I am not talking Beta, I'm talking some simple quick patches to current Vampirism Beast.

To say it is bannable but leaving it in the game is just altogether confusing for newer players like myself who may have been playing Vampirism for quite some time but are still relatively novice to the mechanics of the game.

But I do think a test for new recruits is to show an applicable knowledge of what isn't allowed in VBL hosted games would be a great idea, as well as showing a capability for growth in their skills, and finally willingness to contribute to the positive growth of the VBL community. I don't know if I personally even would be considered for recruitment at this time, but I do know at some point I will be. I'd be up for being the guinea pig for a new recruitment system if that is necessary or wanted at all.
Trying to enforce a new idea into a dead clan is pointless.
the lack of creativity in this clan is mind numbingly pitiful.

Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 pm

i would also like a minor update to 1.5, possibly call it 1.500g. but i doubt thats ever gonna happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:52 pm

czydude wrote:
i would also like a minor update to 1.5, possibly call it 1.500g. but i doubt thats ever gonna happen
This thing that you doubt, I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : Triton144

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:39 am

Sir wrote:
Trying to enforce a new idea into a dead clan is pointless.
the lack of creativity in this clan is mind numbingly pitiful.
I do not see what qualifies us as a "dead" clan.
We have an avg of 50+active members
Nearly 100+ active vb players
And an avg of 4 new clan members per month.

PostSubject: Re: Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.   

Back to top Go down

Clan VBL Initiation/Req's.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1