View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Sir.

PostSubject: Oppinions please xD   Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Ok heres my beef.
Is it a dickish move to end a game early where the nosf has literally no chance of winning?
If someone has a wotb before the vamp even armour isnt it easier to just end the game and join another one?

People keep calling me a dick for pulling shit like this, but unless theres a nosf that i know i can get a reaction out of i dont vest or tower anyone so hes basically gone harassment free all game, yet still manages to not have armour.

Personally i think its better to end, join the next game and have a real game.

Oppinions ?

Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:19 pm

depends on competency level.

if they dont even have armor at wotb, either having really bad game, or really bad period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:34 am

It also depends on what the other players in that game want, it is not just your opinion or desires that count.  As a human you can leave at any time, no harm no foul.  So, if the others want to play on, and you are bored, you can leave and wait in the next lobby.  If they want to play, how is it not dickish (selfish, inconsiderate, w/e....) to end the game for them?

The question is one that comes up regularly, and admittedly, you have couched it in specific terms to narrow the responses. But I think my answer still applies. If, however, the majority of humans feel the game should end (you ask them about it), then no, it would not be dickish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:06 pm

czydude wrote:
depends on competency level.

if they dont even have armor at wotb, either having really bad game, or really bad period.
The vamp was semi decent, knew how to hammer gm's and doom guard, But at this point even a great nosf would have losing fight to break one of these basesI was the most behind player with a 2min cc yet i still had a wotb and 1k gold in the bank before he had cc and armour

Northern.Lite wrote:
It also depends on what the other players in that game want, it is not just your opinion or desires that count.  As a human you can leave at any time, no harm no foul.  So, if the others want to play on, and you are bored, you can leave and wait in the next lobby.  If they want to play, how is it not dickish (selfish, inconsiderate, w/e....) to end the game for them?

The question is one that comes up regularly, and admittedly, you have couched it in specific terms to narrow the responses.  But I think my answer still applies.  If, however, the majority of humans feel the game should end (you ask them about it), then no, it would not be dickish.
If the nosf has literally 0 chance of winning the game unless a human suicides, The humans have won already, Shouldn't need to ask them if its polite to end it, it should be expected.

I didn't narrow it down to get specific replies, i worded my opinion on the subject and asked if it seemed dickish to people, Just like how i consider it dickish to draw a game out just so people can stroke their E-dicks and say they got a fast spire etc. Ending the game so that the next game starts faster and has the chance to turn into a legit and testing game outweighs the simple "we want a long game so we can have spire" mentality to seems to be ripe these days.

So please tell me how ending it early is any different to playing with an under fed vamp that could only spend 4 or 5 seconds at any of the remaining bases before needing to go back to the middle and in turn gets to the point where the vamp sits in the middle typing GG and leaves.
Guarantee'd if the vamp was on equal footings, The people in these games wouldnt have said a thing, Other than GG.

Edited to make it colourful for opaca <3

Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : opaca

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Sir. wrote:
The vamp was semi decent, knew how to hammer gm's and doom guard, But at this point even a great nosf would have losing fight to break one of these basesI was the most behind player with a 2min cc yet i still had a wotb and 1k gold in the bank before he had cc and armour

f the nosf has literally 0 chance of winning the game unless a human suicides, The humans have won already, Shouldn't need to ask them if its polite to end it, it should be expected.

I didn't narrow it down to get specific replies, i worded my opinion on the subject and asked if it seemed dickish to people, Just like how i consider it dickish to draw a game out just so people can stroke their E-dicks and say they got a fast spire etc. Ending the game so that the next game starts faster and has the chance to turn into a legit and testing game outweighs the simple "we want a long game so we can have spire" mentality to seems to be ripe these days.

So please tell me how ending it early is any different to playing with an under fed vamp that could only spend 4 or 5 seconds at any of the remaining bases before needing to go back to the middle and in turn gets to the point where the vamp sits in the middle typing GG and leaves.
Guarantee'd if the vamp was on equal footings, The people in these games wouldnt have said a thing, Other than GG.

Edited to make it colourful for opaca <3
7/7 would ask for a colorful post again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Sir. wrote:

Again, this ignores that a majority wanting the game to continue outweighs your desire for a possibly more challenging game starting sooner. You may not agree with the other gamers, but they have rights, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Northern.Lite wrote:
Sir. wrote:

Again, this ignores that a majority wanting the game to continue outweighs your desire for a possibly more challenging game starting sooner.  You may not agree with the other gamers, but they have rights, too.
Ofcourse they do, But so do the people wait in the bot for the next game to start. Dragging games on that are pointless negatively affects the next game. Where as ending usually means the next game starts sooner.

Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : KD-VII

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Too narrow of a scope. Your problem is you begin with "end the game early". In every game the goal is to win, not to t4 or t5 quickly or even at all. IMO, It is not dickish to win the game at any point, especially against an outmatched opponent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Sir. wrote:
Ofcourse they do, But so do the people wait in the bot for the next game to start. Dragging games on that are pointless negatively affects the next game. Where as ending usually means the next game starts sooner.
That is the problem with linear logic.... it is often too simplistic. I cannot tell you how many games have been ended early and only a couple of people come back for the next lobby. Clearly, ending it early does not reliably end in a faster filling following game lobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : Triton144

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Sir. you forget that not everyone cares about the outcome of the game but only about playing the game itself.  Some people just find the fun in playing and could care less whether the nosf is good or not, and ending the game early often turns these people off from the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
The.Doctor
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : The.Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Yes but sir is also a player in the game and if its in his power to end the game whether it be dickish or not he can do it. If there is 0 chance of the nosf winning i side with mercy killing. Hell ive seen a nosf with great chance of winning and he still gets vested etc etc. Ive also seen vbl players torture a vamp and weve all been on both ends of that. Its part of the damn game; people will do what people want to do. As for what northern says about asking permission. In my opinion? No.....You need to ask to build something in anothers base, ask if you want to feed the vamp, now you want to ask if someone can try to end the game or not? I get the point of asking everyone since it effects everyone but at some point you need to draw a damn line about what youre free to do in the game. Its a game youre supposed to try and win... If you dont draw a line youre not going to be able to do anything in the game without having to ask permission or tick someone off.....Its a game not congress. also sir im loving the font colors. 10/10!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 pm

lol look at this noob TheDoctor he lose to abom XD what a noob

Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : KD-VII

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:11 pm

The.Doctor wrote:
If you dont draw a line youre not going to be able to do anything in the game without having to ask permission or tick someone off.....Its a game not congress. also sir im loving the font colors. 10/10!
Damn. Pulling the Congress card? That's bold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm going to join every game tonight and trample on someone's civil rights somehow. Either I'll end the game really fast thus ruining the current games viability, or I'll drag the game on really fucking long so that the next lobby is unjustly deprived of approximately 2/5 of this entire community.

I have ascended to a level of trolling that even Boomer can scarcely imagine. Now you have to check the IPs of every single player in every single game because no matter what, civil rights and liberties are getting violated.

Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 pm

like a true vbu member

Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 pm

opaca wrote:
like a true vbu member
#keepingtheclanalive

Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:48 pm

the_deku_nutt wrote:
opaca wrote:
like a true vbu member
#keepingtheclanalive

b-b-but we got diretide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 pm

czydude wrote:
the_deku_nutt wrote:
opaca wrote:
like a true vbu member
#keepingtheclanalive

b-b-but we got diretide.

dedest gaem aver

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:32 pm

the_deku_nutt wrote:
I'm going to join every game tonight and trample on someone's civil rights somehow. Either I'll end the game really fast thus ruining the current games viability, or I'll drag the game on really fucking long so that the next lobby is unjustly deprived of approximately 2/5 of this entire community.

I have ascended to a level of trolling that even Boomer can scarcely imagine. Now you have to check the IPs of every single player in every single game because no matter what, civil rights and liberties are getting violated.

Last edited by Triton144 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:20 am

I passed already. I was kicking ass and taking names, then recipe buyouts.

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:14 am

the_deku_nutt wrote:
Back to top Go down
czydude
Berserker
Berserker

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Triton144 wrote:
the_deku_nutt wrote:
> Well Played!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oppinions please xD   

Back to top Go down

Oppinions please xD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampirism Beast Legends :: Vampirism Beast Discussion :: Vampirism Beast-
Jump to: