Vampirism Beast Legends

The Official Vampirism Beast Clan
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inLive Stats
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 
 

 vbl rules suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jakestevenson
Grunt
Grunt


Battle.net Name : Rok, fel, tzz, sem
Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 21
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: vbl rules suggestions   Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:59 am


Note: If you don't care, then sod off. Irrelevant opinions is the reason your sperm count is so low.




Hear me, hear me. I found some free time okay, so a lot of things people don't like about vb is just because they don't know how to work around it, but sometimes it is just unfair and should have some regulation. Since everyone has an opinion on what should be done but never makes any real suggestions then I'll make the suggestions for you to judge.. It just comes down to whether you want the game fair for everyone or just fair for you. Think of my suggestions as an example. I know a lot f niggers want something done about the rules so add your suggestions. So join me on a journey, a journey through utter shit.

So I really have no opinion about these things:

-No Team Killing. Exceptions would & may include destroying abandoned wood bases & denying feed with your slayer after a base has been broken into.

-No Glitching. Glitching of any kind will not be tolerated.

-No impersonation of admins.

-No passing items between humans and vampires.

-No passing information between humans and vampires.

-No worker blocking.

-Do not be excessively disrespectful.

-Use of a hack of any kind in the game by any player is forbidden.

-Do not intentionally feed the vampire unless everyone has agreed to doing so. Vampires should make sure intentional feed is approved before taking it. Taking unapproved feed is not allowed.

-Humans can not suicide to the vampires.

-No more than 7 fully upgraded tents per base in the first 7 minutes except for in double bases.

These are my opinions and suggestions:

-No griefing. (a. playing or using aspects of the game in a way that is unintended, b. unnecessary harassment of another player, c. any action that unfairly disrupts another player in game) [This is only my opinion about griefing in vb. How you define griefing varies from game to game. Saying that, if something meets two of those three reasons, then it more than likely is griefing. Remember, this is vb so also use some damn common sense. You don't post a ban request because someone put too many unholy graves outside your base.]

-No Oust Abuse. Ousting to deny feed to a broken base or to grieve another player is not permitted. Don't oust in a temporary base. Don't oust in a base where someone already had their research or slayer during the first three minutes of the game. Workers don't matter.* (I feel if you claim a base it should be your responsibility to look to see what's in it before you oust. I say only the first three minutes since there is HONESTLY AND WE ALL FUCKING KNOW IT NO REASON TO OUST THIS FUCKING EARLY, so if you can't take a moment to just make sure you're not fucking someone else over then fuck yourself. Ousting someone's slayer or research can set them back and is unfair. People make mini bases all over the map early game. Unless you plan to base there permanently then don't oust people. If someone has research or a tavern in the base let it finish before ousting, in the first three minutes. That's a solution to the "early oust" problem.)

-Don't oust someone's base if you claimed it after they made a vault. If a player made a vault in your claimed base you can oust them.* (That just seems sensible.)

-Humans are not allowed to purchase vampire items excluding, boots of speed, vampiric concoction, tomes, beast bane armor, beastbane helmet and frost beast armor. If a vampire by chance drops an item the human may pick it up and use it excluding unholy graves and credit card. If a human charms a lich they are permitted to use whatever they can on it. Five minutes after beast forge humans can make at most 1 pair shards for their slayers excluding battle slayers.* (I don't see why humans should get vamp items. In my opinion they shouldn't.. but here's my suggestion. If you don't understand why just ask or maybe think about it for more than two seconds.)

-If a vamp picks up human items (such as knights, archers etc.) they are not permitted to use them excluding riflemen and vests lol.* (If vamp gets knights or something with blink before gates then it's game over.. plus vamps aren't supposed to get human items so just sell the ones that make the game unfair.)

-Minis aren't allowed to take another mini unless the nosfs are dead.* (More of an example for identifying griefing than anything. Mini's don't need a mini, so taking one would be unnecessary and unfair to the person you killed. But say the nosfs died and you're opaca and you are starting a mini revolution but you need another mini. The other guy wont help you or is afk. Then it's completely fine to take the mini.)

-Don't take a mini your partner nosf allowed to live, unless they get in your way or would most likely die. (Whoever killed him is the ruler of his fate.)

-Do not kill an afk nosf or feed him in order to get leaks. If his partner dies then you may kill him if still afk.* (It's not a clear one but it's implied. Just gonna say it though.)

-No buying out and reselling vampire items to delay the vamps.* (It's just quite dickish.)

-Don't buy items so the nosf can't have them.* (Sometimes minis like to be dickish and buy stuff to force the vamp to wait before they can get it. Sucks.)

-If your base is destroyed and you can not afford to rebase, do not build more than 1 tower per ally in up to three bases.* (Limit towering for Sir. and limit the number of towers in each base. If a vamp can't handle one extra ulti or super flame then they were meant to lose anyway. Plus if you really were trying hard then, two or three different people could each place one tower.)

-If your base is destroyed and your slayer did not have vests, you may not hide in another player's base, buy vests or a battle hammer. You may however buy vests or slayer hammers for someone else with a base. Knighting other players is okay.* (This is so people who lose their base, in essence losing the game but choosing to have their human escape, and kill the vamp wont do it. If the vamp kills your base then he has technically defeated you so it's unfair to be able to just kill the vamp because you lost.)

-Vampires can not be afk for an extended period of time nor suicide or leave the game without good reason. If you choose to vamp then you should be ready to play the entire time.* (Suicide as a vamp isn't a clear rule but I've seen people get banned for it. Most of the time people only suicide when they know they're going to lose anyways and no one ever cares. This would make the most sense if say a vamp just trembled himself to death intentionally.)

-If a player's base has been destroyed twice after the first 5 minutes of the game and continues to rebuild you may destroy his buildings.* (If there isn't an admin to kick this sorry son of a bitch and they just keep feeding the vampire just should be able to just kill their stuff)

-If one vampire is afk do not gank the present one in the first five minutes of the game.* (it's only fair..)

-If you don't have your own base you may not buy vests on your slayer unless you manage to afford a vest in the first 10 minutes of the game. You wouldn't have to sell afterwards.* (This would be to stop people from hiding in another person's base and vesting the vampire since it doesn't seem fair that the human has a person protecting them allowing them to focus on getting the vests.)

-You may only rebase once after the first five minutes.(I've seen people get kicked for rebasing multiple times, but it's not a rule, though it's understandable; so, just limit everyone since most people wont rebase multiple time. It's only to justify kicking someone who is just feeding the vamps.)

-Two humans cannot permanently base together in a one person base.* (I'm skeptical about this because you can argue that it should only be one person to a base since there is a base made large enough for two people with two entrances; however, since you're allowed to build in another person's base and they have the option whether or not to oust you then it's arguable that two people can base together.)

The only suggestion I made that I'd like to see at least something happen, is about the ousting rule.

This is only my opinion, if you don't understand something or disagree, then I don't fucking care.

If you've ever found yourself complaining about vbl's rules I implore that you state what it is you have a problem with rather than licking your anus then complaining about it tasting like shit. Don't be a bitch.

I said some random shit just as an example of what griefing means to me. Other things rarely to never happen but aren't fair and should be looked at. 

I didn't mention anything about towering middle, walling forge or gates, or any other creative styles of shitting on a vamp because I don't care.

If we just put limitations on certain things it could make the game a little more fair for those who want to play instead of those who only care about their own entertainment.

Also 13 minute slayer should be banned because it's pointless.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer
avatar

Battle.net Name : Triton144
Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-05-21
Age : 21
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm glad to see someone taking the initiative to actually be helpful instead of just complaining about the rules.

I will do my best to give my view of each of these suggestions one by one. This post will be edited. Also I'm going to treat this as an official thread and will be removing anything unrelated.


RoK wrote:
-No griefing. (a. playing or using aspects of the game in a way that is unintended, b. unnecessary harassment of another player, c. any action that unfairly disrupts another player in game) [This is only my opinion about griefing in vb. How you define griefing varies from game to game. Saying that, if something meets two of those three reasons, then it more than likely is griefing. Remember, this is vb so also use some damn common sense. You don't post a ban request because someone put too many unholy graves outside your base.]
Ok, I see some problems with this definition. And when I say this, don't think I'm hating on you for it but understand If I don't point these things out now someone will use this later I guarantee you. A) This would define blasting mines as grieving since it was not how the game was intended. Using bouncers to trap a vamp at a wall. Walling in places that are not base entrances. Walling the forge. buying vamp items, etc. And while some of it may be ok, I don't know that all of it would be. B) What If I know that player "x" is the best player in the game so I try to delay him the most and aim him the hardest. Would that be allowed? Have to define unnecessary or we run into the same problems we have now with admins deciding case by case what unnecessary is, which is what you don't like. C) Same as the other You have to define unfair or admins will still be deciding case by case what unfair is and nothing changes from the existing rules.

RoK wrote:
-No Oust Abuse. Ousting to deny feed to a broken base or to grieve another player is not permitted. Don't oust in a temporary base. Don't oust in a base where someone already had their research or slayer during the first three minutes of the game. Workers don't matter.* (I feel if you claim a base it should be your responsibility to look to see what's in it before you oust. I say only the first three minutes since there is HONESTLY AND WE ALL FUCKING KNOW IT NO REASON TO OUST THIS FUCKING EARLY, so if you can't take a moment to just make sure you're not fucking someone else over then fuck yourself. Ousting someone's slayer or research can set them back and is unfair. People make mini bases all over the map early game. Unless you plan to base there permanently then don't oust people. If someone has research or a tavern in the base let it finish before ousting, in the first three minutes. That's a solution to the "early oust" problem.)
What if someone is building houses and a guy blinks in and builds his tavern off grid and right in the path where I am about to build? Is that ok to oust? And if so how do you distinguish between that and unfair ousting in a rule. Rest of the rule I agree with.

RoK wrote:
-Don't oust someone's base if you claimed it after they made a vault. If a player made a vault in your claimed base you can oust them.* (That just seems sensible.)
This can be removed from the list as it is already an existing rule.


RoK wrote:
-Humans are not allowed to purchase vampire items excluding, boots of speed, vampiric concoction, tomes, beast bane armor, beastbane helmet and frost beast armor. If a vampire by chance drops an item the human may pick it up and use it excluding unholy graves and credit card. If a human charms a lich they are permitted to use whatever they can on it. Five minutes after beast forge humans can make at most 1 pair shards for their slayers excluding battle slayers.* (I don't see why humans should get vamp items. In my opinion they shouldn't.. but here's my suggestion. If you don't understand why just ask or maybe think about it for more than two seconds.)
I don't see the use in restricting vamp items as a whole because other than a select few they have little to no significant gain. Shards, cape, concoction etc could be regulated. Vamp items have no use early game b/c they cannot be afforded. Mid game concoction is the most frequent buy and I see no reason to restrict it because it does not give any kind of unfair advantage and in some cases is the only thing that humans can do to counter unholies. Late game, Shards I feel do need to be regulated but not because of the effects of the shards themselves, but b/c of buying out recipes I like the idea of a 1 min window where vamps are given, if they have the gold, to have a fair chance to purchase these items. Also I feel buying out tomes is another unfair advantage. And Cape, not for the speed advantage, but for the stun. I would say personally no tomes, and no use of avatar of vengeance.

RoK wrote:
-If a vamp picks up human items (such as knights, archers etc.) they are not permitted to use them excluding riflemen and vests lol.* (If vamp gets knights or something with blink before gates then it's game over.. plus vamps aren't supposed to get human items so just sell the ones that make the game unfair.)
This rule I agree with because depending on the time they are acquired there is nothing feasible you can do to prevent it.

RoK wrote:
-Minis aren't allowed to take another mini unless the nosfs are dead.* (More of an example for identifying griefing than anything. Mini's don't need a mini, so taking one would be unnecessary and unfair to the person you killed. But say the nosfs died and you're opaca and you are starting a mini revolution but you need another mini. The other guy wont help you or is afk. Then it's completely fine to take the mini.)
I do not agree with this rule. The rule now is vamp/minis can only take mini's they killed. (if one nosf kills the human the other nosf can still take the mini). I feel that just b/c the nosfs have died doesn't give a maybe better player a valid reason to take someones mini they did not kill.

RoK wrote:
-Don't take a mini your partner nosf allowed to live, unless they get in your way or would most likely die. (Whoever killed him is the ruler of his fate.)
This is one rule where I maybe differ from other admin's opinion's. I believe once you die you've lost the game and you have no right to play still. If both nosfs feel you can be of a help and allow you to continue to play in their place then that is their choice, but it is not because you have the right to play it is because they think you can micro yourself better than either of them could. But if one nosf feels you can either hurt or can micro you better then they have that right in my opinion. Cases where a noob nosf leaves all the minis and you cannot do anything about it is one example.

RoK wrote:
-Do not kill an afk nosf or feed him in order to get leaks. If his partner dies then you may kill him if still afk.* (It's not a clear one but it's implied. Just gonna say it though.)
I agree with this rule.

RoK wrote:
-No buying out and reselling vampire items to delay the vamps.* (It's just quite dickish.)
I dealt with this above.

RoK wrote:
-Don't buy items so the nosf can't have them.* (Sometimes minis like to be dickish and buy stuff to force the vamp to wait before they can get it. Sucks.)
Why did you db post this lol?

RoK wrote:
-If your base is destroyed and you can not afford to rebase, do not build more than 1 tower per ally in up to three bases.* (Limit towering for Sir. and limit the number of towers in each base. If a vamp can't handle one extra ulti or super flame then they were meant to lose anyway. Plus if you really were trying hard then, two or three different people could each place one tower.)
This rule will never fly I can tell you that up front. And the main reason is every game is different. Some games one tower won't change a thing on the outcome. In another it can mean the difference in who wins. There's no way to enforce this because there are so many exceptions and clauses the list would be miles long. Especially when considering double basing. The only way to fix this problem is to update the mechanics of the game like was done in the new version. In 1.500f it is just part of the game vamps have to learn to play through. As much as it is not completely balanced, it exists.

RoK wrote:
-If your base is destroyed and your slayer did not have vests, you may not hide in another player's base, buy vests or a battle hammer. You may however buy vests or slayer hammers for someone else with a base. Knighting other players is okay.* (This is so people who lose their base, in essence losing the game but choosing to have their human escape, and kill the vamp wont do it. If the vamp kills your base then he has technically defeated you so it's unfair to be able to just kill the vamp because you lost.)
I agree with this rule. Buying vests before you died is ok but after is not.

RoK wrote:
-Vampires can not be afk for an extended period of time nor suicide or leave the game without good reason. If you choose to vamp then you should be ready to play the entire time.* (Suicide as a vamp isn't a clear rule but I've seen people get banned for it. Most of the time people only suicide when they know they're going to lose anyways and no one ever cares. This would make the most sense if say a vamp just trembled himself to death intentionally.)
I think I dealt with this topic in depth here. http://clanvbl.forumotion.com/t294-dubs-abuse-and-dawn-agreeing-with-it

RoK wrote:
-If a player's base has been destroyed twice after the first 5 minutes of the game and continues to rebuild you may destroy his buildings.* (If there isn't an admin to kick this sorry son of a bitch and they just keep feeding the vampire just should be able to just kill their stuff)
Maybe but Five minutes is far too soon.

RoK wrote:
-If one vampire is afk do not gank the present one in the first five minutes of the game.* (it's only fair..)
Another db post.

RoK wrote:
-If you don't have your own base you may not buy vests on your slayer unless you manage to afford a vest in the first 10 minutes of the game. You wouldn't have to sell afterwards.* (This would be to stop people from hiding in another person's base and vesting the vampire since it doesn't seem fair that the human has a person protecting them allowing them to focus on getting the vests.)
This rule is a good idea but I would take a only allowed 1 vest before a certain time approach for truesight purposes.

RoK wrote:
-You may only rebase once after the first five minutes.* (I've seen people get kicked for rebasing multiple times, but it's not a rule, though it's understandable; so, just limit everyone since most people wont rebase multiple time. It's only to justify kicking someone who is just feeding the vamps.)
Dealt with that above

RoK wrote:
-Two humans cannot permanently base together in a one person base.* (I'm skeptical about this because you can argue that it should only be one person to a base since there is a base made large enough for two people with two entrances; however, since you're allowed to build in another person's base and they have the option whether or not to oust you then it's arguable that two people can base together.)
Dealt with that above.

RoK wrote:
Also 13 minute slayer should be banned because it's pointless.
Useless troll comments towards the 144 should be banned because they are pointless. XD

Thank You for submitting your thoughts and not just hopelessly complaining. I will look more into these later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 pm

I also have a suggestion: make !alias not admin exclusive
an alt gives the player a meaningful, but unfair, advantage.
I'm sure many people would feel the same way if I started to nosf under alts too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

opaca wrote:
I also have a suggestion: make !alias not admin exclusive
an alt gives the player a meaningful, but unfair, advantage.
I'm sure many people would feel the same way if I started to nosf under alts too
This seems reasonable, Admins hiding on alts to catch people breaking rules and giving pubs the ability to !alias anyone are basically the same thing, Would also stop people laughing about certain players being scared of getting targeted.

Personally feel like slayers should not be able to buy any vamp items with the exception of concoction. And limit the number of vests per slayer to only 2 and you have frankly fixed the mid game slayer op harass so that humans must rely on actually defeating a nosf at their own wall like the map was truly intended. And to be honest, Mid to late game is where nosfs are truly at there most powerful state, A slayer shouldnt be able to kill them at this point using items specifically designed to tank and take down walls.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KD-VII
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : KD-VII
Posts : 34
Join date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:23 pm

opaca wrote:
I also have a suggestion: make !alias not admin exclusive
an alt gives the player a meaningful, but unfair, advantage.
I'm sure many people would feel the same way if I started to nosf under alts too
Just voicing my support for this. There is no game-related reason admin should have the ability to see an alias, but non-admins should not.

Nice post overall though, a lot of the suggestions could make good rules, but i foresee a problem with getting pubs to follow, and pubs make up quite a bit of the games.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KD-VII
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : KD-VII
Posts : 34
Join date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:38 pm

so no???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 pm

bump

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jakestevenson
Grunt
Grunt


Battle.net Name : Rok, fel, tzz, sem
Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 21
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 am

Triton144 wrote:

RoK wrote:

-No griefing. (a. playing or using aspects of the game in a way that is unintended, b. unnecessary harassment of another player, c. any action that unfairly disrupts another player in game) [This is only my opinion about griefing in vb. How you define griefing varies from game to game. Saying that, if something meets two of those three reasons, then it more than likely is griefing. Remember, this is vb so also use some damn common sense. You don't post a ban request because someone put too many unholy graves outside your base.]
Ok, I see some problems with this definition. And when I say this, don't think I'm hating on you for it but understand If I don't point these things out now someone will use this later I guarantee you. A) This would define blasting mines as grieving since it was not how the game was intended. Using bouncers to trap a vamp at a wall. Walling in places that are not base entrances. Walling the forge. buying vamp items, etc. And while some of it may be ok, I don't know that all of it would be. B) What If I know that player "x" is the best player in the game so I try to delay him the most and aim him the hardest. Would that be allowed? Have to define unnecessary or we run into the same problems we have now with admins deciding case by case what unnecessary is, which is what you don't like. C) Same as the other You have to define unfair or admins will still be deciding case by case what unfair is and nothing changes from the existing rules.

I used that definition because I feel with some changes it could easily define whether something would be griefing or not. I see some problems too so if we say for definition B, unnecessary harassment of another player unless it was a clear mistake on their part, instead then it would be little better? An example of how I think of it.

Example: A vampire is blasting gold wells in a humans base.
A) [my opinion] Gold wells have 8000 hitpoints which is the blasting gems initial damage therefore it is one of the intended purposes of the blasting gem to blast wells.
B) The vampires is blasting gold wells in order to earn gold and slow down human tech therefore making it necessary.
C) It unfairly disrupts human gameplay because it wastes their lumber and makes them to worry about having more gold wells blasted.


I feel that, depending on how you look at it, gold wells were meant to be blasted since they have 8k hitpoints. It wouldn't be unnecessary since it gives the vamp gold and would be a mistake on the human's part if they build the wells in blasting gem range. Since it only agrees with C I wouldn't consider it grieving.

Of course, this is just me; but you could use that to rule out controversial strategies.

Triton144 wrote:

RoK wrote:

-No Oust Abuse. Ousting to deny feed to a broken base or to grieve another player is not permitted. Don't oust in a temporary base. Don't oust in a base where someone already had their research or slayer during the first three minutes of the game. Workers don't matter.* (I feel if you claim a base it should be your responsibility to look to see what's in it before you oust. I say only the first three minutes since there is HONESTLY AND WE ALL FUCKING KNOW IT NO REASON TO OUST THIS FUCKING EARLY, so if you can't take a moment to just make sure you're not fucking someone else over then fuck yourself. Ousting someone's slayer or research can set them back and is unfair. People make mini bases all over the map early game. Unless you plan to base there permanently then don't oust people. If someone has research or a tavern in the base let it finish before ousting, in the first three minutes. That's a solution to the "early oust" problem.)
What if someone is building houses and a guy blinks in and builds his tavern off grid and right in the path where I am about to build? Is that ok to oust? And if so how do you distinguish between that and unfair ousting in a rule. Rest of the rule I agree with.

I feel in a permanent base it is okay to oust something but after the first three minutes. Let's say player A is building in a base they plan to permanently stay at when player B comes to build a tavern. The tavern was not already there and player A plans to stay in this base. It seems that it would be okay for him to oust the tavern since it wasn't already in his base and it's disrupting his gameplay. It would be unfair to player A since player B didn't have the tavern there first and it's interrupting him.

Triton144 wrote:

RoK wrote:

-Humans are not allowed to purchase vampire items excluding, boots of speed, vampiric concoction, tomes, beast bane armor, beastbane helmet and frost beast armor. If a vampire by chance drops an item the human may pick it up and use it excluding unholy graves and credit card. If a human charms a lich they are permitted to use whatever they can on it. Five minutes after beast forge humans can make at most 1 pair shards for their slayers excluding battle slayers.* (I don't see why humans should get vamp items. In my opinion they shouldn't.. but here's my suggestion. If you don't understand why just ask or maybe think about it for more than two seconds.)
I don't see the use in restricting vamp items as a whole because other than a select few they have little to no significant gain. Shards, cape, concoction etc could be regulated. Vamp items have no use early game b/c they cannot be afforded. Mid game concoction is the most frequent buy and I see no reason to restrict it because it does not give any kind of unfair advantage and in some cases is the only thing that humans can do to counter unholies. Late game, Shards I feel do need to be regulated but not because of the effects of the shards themselves, but b/c of buying out recipes I like the idea of a 1 min window where vamps are given, if they have the gold, to have a fair chance to purchase these items. Also I feel buying out tomes is another unfair advantage. And Cape, not for the speed advantage, but for the stun. I would say personally no tomes, and no use of avatar of vengeance.

I feel the vampire items should be regulated for a few reasons. Those invisible slayers chasing you around the middle late game with shards are annoying. Humans really have no reason to buy certain items and it delays the vamp unfairly since slayers blink in and out when they choose. The items I left available to purchase (before the forge has been open for 5 minutes) are so the vampire wont be interrupted at a crucial moment in the game. (frost beast armor shouldn't be on the list xD)

Triton144 wrote:

RoK wrote:

-If your base is destroyed and you can not afford to rebase, do not build more than 1 tower per ally in up to three bases.* (Limit towering for Sir. and limit the number of towers in each base. If a vamp can't handle one extra ulti or super flame then they were meant to lose anyway. Plus if you really were trying hard then, two or three different people could each place one tower.)
This rule will never fly I can tell you that up front. And the main reason is every game is different. Some games one tower won't change a thing on the outcome. In another it can mean the difference in who wins. There's no way to enforce this because there are so many exceptions and clauses the list would be miles long. Especially when considering double basing. The only way to fix this problem is to update the mechanics of the game like was done in the new version. In 1.500f it is just part of the game vamps have to learn to play through. As much as it is not completely balanced, it exists.

Personally I don't mind towering but some people find it very challenging and it can be annoying. I feel it is an unfair advantage because it allows people to tech with little to no harass so they might as well play offline. If not my ideas specifically consider some limitations so that a good game doesn't go awry from players wanting to play without vamps. Maybe for every mini alive means an extra tower since mini's pooling the vamp is like towering in its own way xD.

Sir. wrote:
And limit the number of vests per slayer to only 2 and you have frankly fixed the mid game slayer op harass so that humans must rely on actually defeating a nosf at their own wall like the map was truly intended. And to be honest, Mid to late game is where nosfs are truly at there most powerful state, A slayer shouldn't be able to kill them at this point using items specifically designed to tank and take down walls.

We could say: "After the first ten minutes, humans may buy only one vest per five minutes of the game." Obviously meaning that if you didn't buy vests after 25 minutes into the game, you could buy 4 vests when you chose to regardless of base or not. That way the vampire has time to at least get stronger and survive the attacks and one slayer couldn't simply do all the work. It also limits humans to four vests before gates open. Or did I word that wrong?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 am

Quote :
A) This would define blasting mines as grieving since it was not how the game was intended.
this is irrelevant because the game isn't balanced, yet people still like to use this argument against blasting gem

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer
avatar

Battle.net Name : Triton144
Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-05-21
Age : 21
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:30 pm

opaca wrote:
Quote :
A) This would define blasting mines as grieving since it was not how the game was intended.
this is irrelevant because the game isn't balanced, yet people still like to use this argument against blasting gem
I agree with this and that is why I don't push to see it removed. Because in a game with near perfect human play it would be all a vamp could do. Even though some bases have no counter to it; it is a game flaw and no rule is going to balance it one way or another.

RoK wrote:
Personally I don't mind towering but some people find it very challenging and it can be annoying. I feel it is an unfair advantage because it allows people to tech with little to no harass so they might as well play offline. If not my ideas specifically consider some limitations so that a good game doesn't go awry from players wanting to play without vamps. Maybe for every mini alive means an extra tower since mini's pooling the vamp is like towering in its own way xD.
Now I've never heard that route suggested but tbh I like it or at least it is a good concept to consider. Well done.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
KD-VII
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : KD-VII
Posts : 34
Join date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:19 pm

So you said earlier we can't have alias power. I think you said people have a right to not be known. But when you alias them, that admin does know, and even if they don't share with others who he/she is, they know, which defeats the entire purpose of an alt. Why does an admin get to know or even need to know? Please explain to me @triton144
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt


Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt
Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-07-20

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Nobody here can say that blasting gem wasn't intended for use against goldmines. Nobody here was around when that was being designed.

Additionally, nobody here can say that blasting gem has no viable counters. You're just wrong.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer
avatar

Battle.net Name : Triton144
Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-05-21
Age : 21
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:47 pm

the_deku_nutt wrote:
Nobody here can say that blasting gem wasn't intended for use against goldmines.Additionally, nobody here can say that blasting gem has no viable counters. You're just wrong.
Mark told me personally it was never intended for mines. Deku I know the counters for bgem and I use them but you have to acknowledge they are not effective in every base especially mid bases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman


Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)
Posts : 256
Join date : 2013-05-21
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:03 am

the_deku_nutt wrote:
Nobody here can say that blasting gem wasn't intended for use against goldmines. Nobody here was around when that was being designed.

Additionally, nobody here can say that blasting gem has no viable counters. You're just wrong.

I can remember when you thought there was not an effective counter against them.  No reason therefore to be attitudinal to players now who do not understand it.  

triton144 wrote:
Mark told me personally it was never intended for mines.

Frozenhelfire also told me that blasting gem was not intended for mines. I have to agree with Triton that the counter does not work in all bases, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KD-VII
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : KD-VII
Posts : 34
Join date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:36 pm

still getting /ignored on the alias issue.  This is garbage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:51 pm

KD-VII wrote:
still getting /ignored on the alias issue.  This is garbage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jakestevenson
Grunt
Grunt


Battle.net Name : Rok, fel, tzz, sem
Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 21
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Just wondering, why does it mean so much to you to catch people on alts? Opaca doesn't use alts so there's nothing to fear

im just wondering because it seems people think subjectively rather objectively. it would be annoying to have people call my brother rok when he plays on his various names.

and its really not a matter of rules, which is why i think its getting ignored :3

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KD-VII
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : KD-VII
Posts : 34
Join date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:06 pm

jakestevenson wrote:
Just wondering, why does it mean so much to you to catch people on alts? Opaca doesn't use alts so there's nothing to fear

You should ask that to whoever created the alias command.  I am simply asking for the same privileges that are afforded to admins for no game-related reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jakestevenson
Grunt
Grunt


Battle.net Name : Rok, fel, tzz, sem
Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 21
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:19 pm

do you want the mute command as well? :3

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer
avatar

Battle.net Name : Triton144
Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-05-21
Age : 21
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Alias command has nothing to do with this thread. Stop hijacking and bring up your topics in your own thread because until then no admin is going to even bother to read your posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Triton144 wrote:
Alias command has nothing to do with this thread. Stop hijacking and bring up your topics in your own thread because until then no admin is going to even bother to read your posts.

Actually, !alias command has alot to do with this, Seeing as this thread is about making the map seem fair to all, not letting people hide on alts so they can pubstomp would be one of those changes needed. or is it so admins can hide and then trash talk on an alt ?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer
avatar

Battle.net Name : Triton144
Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-05-21
Age : 21
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Sir. wrote:
Triton144 wrote:
Alias command has nothing to do with this thread. Stop hijacking and bring up your topics in your own thread because until then no admin is going to even bother to read your posts.

Actually, !alias command has alot to do with this, Seeing as this thread is about making the map seem fair to all, not letting people hide on alts so they can pubstomp would be one of those changes needed.  or is it so admins can hide and then trash talk on an alt ?
The title of this post is vbl rule suggestions. Giving the power of the alias command does not involve a rule or an idea posted by RoK in this thread. There has been a new topic created for this purpose please post all further information there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Triton144 wrote:
Sir. wrote:
Triton144 wrote:
Alias command has nothing to do with this thread. Stop hijacking and bring up your topics in your own thread because until then no admin is going to even bother to read your posts.

Actually, !alias command has alot to do with this, Seeing as this thread is about making the map seem fair to all, not letting people hide on alts so they can pubstomp would be one of those changes needed.  or is it so admins can hide and then trash talk on an alt ?
The title of this post is vbl rule suggestions. Giving the power of the alias command does not involve a rule or an idea posted by RoK in this thread. There has been a new topic created for this purpose please post all further information there.
rules are meant to help balance the game, !alias gives an unfair advantage to some people, therefore it's relevant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dub
Grunt
Grunt


Battle.net Name : Dubhghall
Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-05

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:57 pm

That's debatable opaca, you can usually tell how good somebody in about three minutes into the game from what items they buy and general strategy/movement around the map. Also even if there wasn't the alias command, the admins can just look up ip addresses anyway to find out who you are before the game even starts by doing autostart 13.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
czydude
Berserker
Berserker


Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth
Posts : 296
Join date : 2013-06-02

PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Dub wrote:
That's debatable opaca, you can usually tell how good somebody in about three minutes into the game from what items they buy and general strategy/movement around the map. Also even if there wasn't the alias command, the admins can just look up ip addresses anyway to find out who you are before the game even starts by doing autostart 13.

especially when certain players do characteristic builds that one player usually does often...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: vbl rules suggestions   

Back to top Go down
 
vbl rules suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)
» Rules and Guidelines for hosting a party
» LEGENDARY BATTLE SCENARIO RULES
» Need Imperial Flyer Rules
» rules for warbands or skirmish

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampirism Beast Legends :: Vampirism Beast Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: