Search

Share | 

Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
popopxD
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : popopxD (Garena), miame (eurobattle.net)

PostSubject: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:32 am

Hello guys, since the beta development is too long (and I cant wait), so I decided to deprotect 1.500f and make some modify on my own. I want to listen to some feedback from you guys and some tests.

Download:
mediafire.com download/qfsqepuyr9h9p7q/1500fpostdev.w3x

Change logs:

Fatass wall
Added Tooltips: "Warning: Do NOT use this wall for primary defense unless you know what you are doing."

Gold to Lumber & Advanced Gold to Lumber:
Added hotkey D

Worker
Can't build Feedbox anymore

Super Worker
Removed ability to build structures, Basic Tower Builder will be used instead.

Super Uber Worker
Can't build Bloodbox anymore
Removed Attack ability

Tree Deforestation Spawn
Removed Attack ability

Forest Eater
Removed Attack ability

Unholy Grave
Can be bought at Rotting Ruin for 400 gold and 750 lumber

Basic Tower Builder
Can be trained at Gem obelisk
Unit Health: 200 HP
Lumber cost: 500
Abilities: Blink, Detonate, Repair
Can build: Little God Wall, Wall Tower, Disaster Tower, Ultra Research center, Mana Energy Tower

Ultra titan wall, Wall of the Beast
Can now built without Commander Center

Purple Flawed, Red Flawed, and Yellow Flawed
Require Deforestation House instead of Goldmine

Big Tent, Gigatic Tent
Will no longer having Spike Upgrade
Big Tent's base attack adjusted to 20 from 35
Gigatic Tent's base attack adjusted to 30 from 60

Fixed bugs:
+ Fixed early leaving nosf (before nosf spawn) cause the game end immediately
+ Cancelling Gold Well constructions won't produce negative gold anymore
+ Dreadlord's lich wont be removed if the player is leaving (so the charmed lich will no longer disappear)

-------------------------------------------------------
Planned changes (if things are going well) (non formatted)

• Remove Restriction of building command center
  • add better claw of pillaging (Just simple fusion of claw & terror)
  • add "-feed gold lumber" for feeding (if any human type -no in 1 minute, feed wont be given, otherwise after 1 minute is passed, vamp will get gold & lumber)
  • Dead nosf (because of ganking) can be revived if human team type a trigger to give a second chance. At minute 8 of game time, if any second chance is given and no objection, the dead nosf will be revived at the middle of the map, his level will be at least 20
  • When a nosf is dead or leave, his item will be spawned in the unholy grave area
  • add an ability to remove gem from tower
    fix a bug/restriction that restricted human to have more than 3 item
  • Forbid the slayer and human to pickup/buy soul bomb, credit card
  • Forbid the battle slayer to pickup/buy shards and claw (The slayer is powerful enough, there are no point to have the shard)
  • Add -beta for the following testing stage of the map:
    + tracker can now blink 2 times,bouncer can now blink 3 times
    + repair toolbox now give 4 knights instead of 3, but rescale the repair ability
    + human mana regen scale from 0.2 to 0.5
    + copy the life leech tower from vamp beast beta (because I love it)
    + handle some team kill behaviors
    + improve repair slayer ability
    + Should I add a skin for opaca: mysterious french man ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : Triton144

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Several modified versions of 1.5 are already under construction. In the past people have done exactly what you did here and modify changes to the objects in vamp beast but these things are only the minor problems with the game. The real problem comes in the game mechanics which cannot be changed because the deproted version of the map is not the same as the version used to code from. As you might have noticed all the triggers are giant mess with no way to tell what does what without spending a great deal of time. This is why no one has updated 1.500f. fhf decided to go a new version route because the whole game mechanics of 1.5 make the humans op.

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Triton144 wrote:
Several modified versions of 1.5 are already under construction. In the past people have done exactly what you did here and modify changes to the objects in vamp beast but these things are only the minor problems with the game. The real problem comes in the game mechanics which cannot be changed because the deproted version of the map is not the same as the version used to code from. As you might have noticed all the triggers are giant mess with no way to tell what does what without spending a great deal of time. This is why no one has updated 1.500f. fhf decided to go a new version route because the whole game mechanics of 1.5 make the humans op.

I have used some technique to make changes to the map so the deprotected version of this map is almost the same as the protected version of the map. (The only things is that it cant be modified in WE and the code still be obfuscated).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 pm

You still don't see my point... tent damage, worker builders are only minor issues the real problem with the map lies in how the game works as a whole. Take inhouse games for example if 1 human towers another the vamp will always lose. Also some of the changes from the beta that you added into 1.5 were only meant for the beta and are going to cause major balancing issues in favor of already overpowered humans.

Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Triton144 wrote:
You still don't see my point... tent damage, worker builders are only minor issues the real problem with the map lies in how the game works as a whole.

Well honestly I'm not a pro and legendary player compare to you guys, so I cant make a big changes without asking/advise from you guys, if you want to make the change so that the human cant tower for other player (inhouse rule) I will try to make it

Triton144 wrote:
Also some of the changes from the beta that you added into 1.5 were only meant for the beta and are going to cause major balancing issues in favor of already overpowered humans.

I have already aware that human is OP and so that I have just made minor changes. My map is meant for beta just for only a reason: waiting for you guys approve it and some discussion so I wont go into a wrong track ^_^
I have tested this map in the multiplayer simulator so I can sure that it wont desync

My concept in making this development is very simple: I have some programming knowledge and I need a partner with VB knowledge to make this map better ^_^. I will be offline for a few hour so I will reply later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:46 pm

add me on skype I sent a priv msg with the name

Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Emo.Donky

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:09 am

Finally - a man with some sense. I don't know why people aren't fond of doing something like this; it's such a simple solution to so many exploits and impurities within the game. Yeah you won't fix all the "mechanics" of the game, but you will be able to modify it to the point that you can fix a fair few things that are considered over powered or against the rules.

Emo.Donky
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:08 am

Also you could just chuck all the already paid for skins in this cracked version and make allot of people happy...

Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm sure you could pay popo to do that ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:41 pm

In recent weeks, talks with Frozenhelfire that both Triton and I have had included a discussion of possibly addressing many of the "broken" items in the current map and then re-issuing it.  Fhf is not inclined to do this on his own, but was not at all adverse to seeing it done.  It looks to me like popopXD has programming knowledge and is willing to work with someone with in depth map knowledge.  

I would like to encourage Triton to pursue this initiative with popopxD to get a map out there that has many of the current problems with the map addressed.  My bot, ClanVBL2, is available to test any time, Triton has the panel access needed to use it.

And thank you to popopXD for starting this thread. Smile

Last edited by Northern.Lite on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emo.Donky
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Northern.Lite wrote:
In recent weeks, talks with Frozenhelfire that both Triton and I have had included a discussion of possibly addressing many of the "broken" items in the current map and then re-issuing it.  Fhf is not inclined to do this on his own, but was not at all adverse to seeing it done.  It looks to me like popopXD has programming knowledge and is willing to work with someone with in depth map knowledge.  

I would like to encourage Triton to pursue this initiative with popopxD to get a map out there that has many of the current problems with the map addressed.  My bot, ClanVBL2, is available to test any time, Triton has the panel access needed to use it.

And thank you to popopXD for starting this thread. Smile

Thank you dawn for having some sense.

I might get my skin, happiest day of my life :')

EDIT: When I say thank you for having some sense, I don't mean to say I think you don't have common sense normally. I'm really fond of this idea and am perplexed as to why people oppose it.

EDIT2: One problem I can see with the creation of a new map is whose ideas to integrate. We all have a fairly different idea of what's fair and because of that, how do we come to agreements with different updates. Poll maybe?

Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Emo.Donky wrote:
EDIT2: One problem I can see with the creation of a new problem is whose ideas to integrate. We all have a fairly different idea of what's fair and because of that, how do we come to agreements with rules. Pol maybe?

I think this is perhaps getting the cart before the horse, there are definite problems I suspect we can all agree upon, such as removing inactive skins (especially if they are glitched) and so on. Many of them are already on the list popopXD provided in his first post starting the thread. Triton is a level headed individual who understands the map well and I think if we let the two of them work together, there will be some progress made in improving the map. Once we get into actually playing the modified map, then perhaps will be the time for discussion and/or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Northern.Lite wrote:
I think this is perhaps getting the cart before the horse
I see what you did there Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanvbl.forumotion.com
Emo.Donky
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:30 am

Northern.Lite wrote:
Emo.Donky wrote:
EDIT2: One problem I can see with the creation of a new problem is whose ideas to integrate. We all have a fairly different idea of what's fair and because of that, how do we come to agreements with rules. Pol maybe?

I think this is perhaps getting the cart before the horse, there are definite problems I suspect we can all agree upon, such as removing inactive skins (especially if they are glitched) and so on.  Many of them are already on the list popopXD provided in his first post starting the thread.  Triton is a level headed individual who understands the map well and I think if we let the two of them work together, there will be some progress made in improving the map.  Once we get into actually playing the modified map, then perhaps will be the time for discussion and/or suggestions?

A Triton created version with my skin is a version with my skin and none the less. I'm all for it Very Happy

Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:04 pm

I demand that RoK's human be black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jakestevenson
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Rok, fel, tzz, sem

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:39 pm

I agree!

Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Gwypaas

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Lel, good that you got the unprotected version. If I remember correctly VB contains like 30k lines of code and that's when all the comments, nice spacing and beta test functions are removed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popopxD
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Gwypaas wrote:
Lel, good that you got the unprotected version. If I remember correctly VB contains like 30k lines of code and that's when all the comments, nice spacing and beta test functions are removed.

and the variable names , too :'(

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwypaas
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:15 pm

popopxD wrote:
Gwypaas wrote:

and the variable names , too :'(

And most of the code is in vJASS, so the parsed code is fairly confusing even in the unobfuscated state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popopxD
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:21 pm

It's always better in unobfuscated state, where I can spent less time by reading comment or function name instead of reading what the function do T_T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwypaas
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:24 pm

popopxD wrote:
It's always better in unobfuscated state, where I can spent less time by reading comment or function name instead of reading what the function do T_T
Lol, as far as I know there's not enough comments in the map to really show what functions and stuff are doing, though mostly the function names and the trigger name does give a good enough hint. The other problem is that variables are mostly "x, y, u, u1, i"...

Unless Fhf has cleaned it up since I stopped editing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popopxD
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:37 pm

Gwypaas wrote:

Lol, as far as I know there's not enough comments in the map to really show what functions and stuff are doing, though mostly the function names and the trigger name does give a good enough hint. The other problem is that variables are mostly "x, y, u, u1, i"...

lol.....at least it wont be like IOl1 L01I IOOOI and when I read those, it feel like the code is saying LOL LOL TROLLOLOLOL

some obfuscator program should change variable name to OL/0I/0l with prefix TROL, too =.=

Luckily, notepad++ save me for another day when I double click the variable name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triton144
Map Developer
Map Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:37 am

popopxD wrote:
Gwypaas wrote:

lol.....at least it wont be like IOl1 L01I IOOOI and when I read those, it feel like the code is saying LOL LOL TROLLOLOLOL

some obfuscator program should change variable name to OL/0I/0l with prefix TROL, too =.=

Luckily, notepad++ save me for another day when I double click the variable name Very Happy

Hooray for notepad++!

PostSubject: Re: Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development   

Back to top Go down

Vampirism Beast 1.500f post development
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1