Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman

Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 am

Sir. wrote:

As much as i love your enthusiasm to improve the map, Let players like Deku, Triton, Opaca, Dub, Emo, czy etc. who all have much higher knowledge of the map and a skill level that makes you and i look like scrubs create the balance ideas.

Given that Triton is working with popopXD on this project and has spoken with Frozenhelfire about it before any work was done (Triton had been looking into fixxing the problems in 1.5 for a couple of weeks PRIOR to popopXD's first post on the subject.), I have been wondering when it would occur to you that leaving it to them might be a better idea. It falls under the "too many cooks" heading, I think.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popopxD
Map Developer
Map Developer

Battle.net Name : popopxD (Garena), miame (eurobattle.net)

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:53 am

Very Happy I just only gather the idea and information from everyone, then make a solution and propose it to Triton. :DBut to be honest, many players should be restricted for unfair action.

I wont make any changes just because the pub request them (unless I like it :3, i will hide it somewhere Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sregginetahi_
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 am

Heres the truth on this matter just to help everyone out. Mark is laughing at yall for trying to fix 1.5 so hard when 99% of the balance issues have been fixed in the new version. the credit card, soul bomb, armor imbalance issues for vamp, and many others in 1.505. if you like the 1.5 map and want to worry about changes why not work on 1.505 version and fix that to your liking. you can change the terrain to 1.5 if you like that a lot and can take out some things you don't like or that you deem imbalanced in 1.505. right now though just working on 1.5 you are beating a dead horse so to speak. just some logic for this community considering there isn't much if any at all. your welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 pm

sregginetahi_ wrote:
Heres the truth on this matter just to help everyone out. Mark is laughing at yall for trying to fix 1.5 so hard when 99% of the balance issues have been fixed in the new version. the credit card, soul bomb, armor imbalance issues for vamp, and many others in 1.505. if you like the 1.5 map and want to worry about changes why not work on 1.505 version and fix that to your liking. you can change the terrain to 1.5 if you like that a lot and can take out some things you don't like or that you deem imbalanced in 1.505. right now though just working on 1.5 you are beating a dead horse so to speak. just some logic for this community considering there isn't much if any at all. your welcome

>Mark
>Finish map

Pick one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sregginetahi_
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:01 pm

Dub triton has both versions 1.5 and 1.505 so rather than just trying to figure out ways to make the game fair, you could just get the version that is balanced and start from there. what you just said is what i was talking about with there isn't much if ant logic at all in the community. if you noticed the win rate for human and vamp was 45/55 and many humans didn't understand the game as well so would prob end up at 60/40 when everyone learned it. thats alot closer to fixing all the problems than that 95% win rate humans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:22 pm

You can't ever fully balance a game like VB anyway. I'd rather play a version that has a multitude of things you can do rather than play a version that is completely stripped down in the name of balance, the test map itself wasn't very fun because it encouraged very linear game play. Also humans don't win 95% of the games, that's a load of shit.

Win rates themselves, are meaningless retrospectively because there's the small community of people that actually play the game vs the occasional person on Garena or whatever, with such a large disparity of game knowledge and mechanics, overall balance can't ever be achieved because the "insider" community can't fill games on their own. Even in version mark made, you would still have people walling with fatass walls and making one house and spamming workers if it were to ever come to fruition, because the community itself can't provide full "inhouse" games.

Also nothing wrong with my logic, Mark never finished the map lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sregginetahi_
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Dub what do you mean by multitude of things you can do. Would that be grieving the vamps by trapping them in places or slayer gank. because you can do all that in 1.5 but you have been doing the same build for about 4 years. in the new version you have to do different builds depending on what you are going up against. if vamp sheep stick or ring you need to counter that in a way. if there toming up you need to upgrade wall faster. the only dif is the towers and you could add more towers but ether way in 1.5 you only go flame towers, meteors then upgrade those as well as getting mana burns. so at most all to get 5 dif kinds of towers. in new version you place 6. with all the wall upgrades and such. bad logic brah you mad cause you dont even lift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
czydude
Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 am

it would be balanced but would it be fun?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutofNames
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : OutOfNames / TheFinalStand

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Back in the day, (of midway 2010) I'd say I was in my prime. My reflexes, boy were they amazing. So then a vamp was attacking my base, and I was human. I'd been messing around with this vamp for a long time, and not really trying to kill him. While he was making Void Beast Demon Shards for his mini (I had fed him hard) I decided to make walls around him. I made a bunch of walls all around his little place and then started to upgrade them. While the Lich was passing an item to the mini, I killed the mini. The Lich still dropped the Armor and I picked that up. Needless to say, I won that game.  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ragnar
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Ragnar_

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:40 am

Dub is a sc2 master his word is final.

Confirmed, Mary loves me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?   

Back to top Go down

Have you ever snatched the item from vamp ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2