Vampirism Beast Legends

The Official Vampirism Beast Clan
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inLive Stats
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 
 

 Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
demon_fever_666
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : demon_fever_666
Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:41 am

Hello everyone who decides to read this.

I've been skimming over the forums and noticed most of them r from people raging over bans or complaining about the rules. Yet when i first started playing again i was banned twice before i even knew the rules existed..... i was gone for about 2 years from wc3 and when i came back i gamed like i used to. after being banned i requested to be un-banned. denied once and they agreed to unban me once. after that i haven't broken rules. I've gotten my admin and holy hell haven't abused it at all (unless you count aliasing people. if you do then let me be the first to say i abuse that command like a 2cent hooker.) did i rage hellllllllllll noooooooo (ok maybe a little). all in all ive noticed a lack of respect of the rules from not just pubs but admins/seasoned players too. I wont point any fingers but it's getting annoying for people to spout that vb is dieing yet when noobs join the game pro players rush to kill noob vamps cause they dont feel like playing against noobs. how can a noob become pro if every time they play you gank them asap. every game im in i try to at least show noobs the basics if they'll listen to me. if not i say fu then let them die. but i give the effort to try most people dont. Rant to be Continued at later date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:33 pm

demon_fever_666 wrote:
Hello everyone who decides to read this.

I've been skimming over the forums and noticed most of them r from people raging over bans or complaining about the rules. Yet when i first started playing again i was banned twice before i even knew the rules existed..... i was gone for about 2 years from wc3 and when i came back i gamed like i used to. after being banned i requested to be un-banned. denied once and they agreed to unban me once. after that i haven't broken rules. I've gotten my admin and holy hell haven't abused it at all (unless you count aliasing people. if you do then let me be the first to say i abuse that command like a 2cent hooker.) did i rage hellllllllllll noooooooo (ok maybe a little). all in all ive noticed a lack of respect of the rules from not just pubs but admins/seasoned players too. I wont point any fingers but it's getting annoying for people to spout that vb is dieing yet when noobs join the game pro players rush to kill noob vamps cause they dont feel like playing against noobs. how can a noob become pro if every time they play you gank them asap. every game im in i try to at least show noobs the basics if they'll listen to me. if not i say fu then let them die. but i give the effort to try most people dont. Rant to be Continued at later date.

And Zero Fucks Were Given This Day.....

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:07 am

it's a battle between quality of games at the moment and quality of games in the future

if I let a game go on where the vamp is new and the result is clear, I am sacrifing possible fun for possible fun in the future

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
demon_fever_666
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : demon_fever_666
Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Well i always look at it like this. With this one bad game i can turn this one or 2 maybe even 3-4 players into moderate to slightly pro players for maybe the next couple hours or weeks id take the one bad game over weeks of really bad ones.... cause thats all we get anymore. short rushed games, ganked vamps. double walling, tripple walling noobs who wont listen to over feed moderately pro vamps. walling forge, trapping noobs, list of not even close to good or fun games. fun maybe for those who gank but not fun for those who then have to wait another 2-3 hours for one lobby to fill cause everyones to annoy'd to join cause everyones such "mean" players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:25 pm

you misunderstood me; killing the new vamps isn't fun, but when the game is over the next one might be fun, with good vamps
killing them is part of the process

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:49 am

demon_fever_666 wrote:
Well i always look at it like this. With this one bad game i can turn this one or 2 maybe even 3-4 players into moderate to slightly pro players for maybe the next couple hours or weeks id take the one bad game over weeks of really bad ones.... cause thats all we get anymore. short rushed games, ganked vamps. double walling, tripple walling noobs who wont listen to over feed moderately pro vamps. walling forge, trapping noobs, list of not even close to good or fun games. fun maybe for those who gank but not fun for those who then have to wait another 2-3 hours for one lobby to fill cause everyones to annoy'd to join cause everyones such "mean" players.

The object of the map is to win. Calling people mean for ending the game quick so another can start is just ridiculous, The amount of games ive ganked, then gone straight into the next game and taken the vamp slot just so it is a decent game, and im not the only one that does that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman


Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)
Posts : 256
Join date : 2013-05-21
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:51 pm

We know you are not the only one that does that.... but that does not necessarily make it the best approach.  The community is small and if we do not bring along players who will listen and learn, the player base will not increase.  When a new player is vamping and listening to advice and then gets ganked by experienced players, he may never come back.  Similarly, experienced vamps going into game after game engaging in stomps will discourage new players.  What demon (and a lot of the admins) is getting at is that there needs to be some common sense exercised if we want to have more frequent games.  Too often waiting in the lobby for a game to start, followed by a short game because one player feels the vamp is not good enough (or conversely a stomp) is followed by an even longer wait in the next lobby because the inexperienced players do not come back and learn the map.  Either way the goal of more, not less, games is thwarted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettergreep
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : Lettergreep
Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm kinda new myself here, and I think the biggest problem with getting new players would be your games barely showing up in the custom games list. Before I knew about the website where you could check the current game (or the /whois bot) I'd look for a VBL game for 5 full minutes (doesn't seem long, but trust me, clicking the refresh button and looking for vampirism beast for 300 seconds is a long time) and never see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman


Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)
Posts : 256
Join date : 2013-05-21
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:58 pm

You can set the map size in the listing page to small. The games will always be right there, then. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettergreep
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : Lettergreep
Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:32 pm

There's a myriad of things you can do when you know what you're looking for, but that's not exactly an option for new players unknown to the whole VBL map.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:18 am

lettergreep wrote:
There's a myriad of things you can do when you know what you're looking for, but that's not exactly an option for new players unknown to the whole VBL map.

? Do you want us to hold your hand ? is that what your asking?

Set the map size to small, add the bot to your friends and sit down.

Nothing else they can do with the now ancient war3 hosting engine is there.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 am

he means new players won't know to set the filter to small, he knows it after dawn told him

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:38 am

opaca wrote:
he means new players won't know to set the filter to small, he knows it after dawn told him

But what can the admins do to fix that? nothing at all.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern.Lite
Shaman
Shaman


Battle.net Name : Northern.Lite(VBU)/Demoness(VBL)
Posts : 256
Join date : 2013-05-21
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 am

Perhaps not, but by putting it here, maybe new players will see it and use it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 pm

a problem without resolution is still a problem, and so, should be pinpointed. Admit your folly Sir.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:30 pm

He's admitted himself that new players don't know about the site, or the bot. So thus new players wont see what hes whining about.

The game/map is dead, 95% of new players are just bad players on alts.

Time to let it go guys, it had a good run.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
demon_fever_666
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : demon_fever_666
Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:28 am

Sir. your to much of a moronic fucking troll to understand that its people like you killing the vamp beast community. You sit here and make fun of noobs who try to learn how to play yet you were one of those noobs too. or wait you forgot about that didn't you? opps sorry was it being kept a secret that you were once a noob. no it wasn't. you learned how to play with the help of vb players and other noobs. back before we had a community filled with just about all trolls. you want everyone to believe your this almighty person yet your making yourself even more pathetic then a bug on the bottom of kerryjones shoes after jogging for an hour. keep sitting behind your computer and yelling at everyone and bring them down and chasing them away from the community that'll teach people to ever try out a new game and have a good time.... end rant.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lettergreep
Peon
Peon


Battle.net Name : Lettergreep
Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:12 am

Sir. wrote:
He's admitted himself that new players don't know about the site, or the bot. So thus new players wont see what hes whining about.

The game/map is dead, 95% of new players are just bad players on alts.

Time to let it go guys, it had a good run.
You mistake an attempt at constructive feedback for whining. I guess every forum has its own keyboard warrior that tries to "win" discussions when the actual purpose of the entire forum is improving the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opaca
Berserker
Berserker
avatar

Battle.net Name : opaca
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:34 am

Sir. might try to mask his comment as an "obvious troll", but he expressed his true intentions in that comment. You dislike and feel betrayed by the admins, especially Dawn and Wildcard. Because of your unresolved issues with the admins, the Sir. character has become a negative and grumpy player. That's why you post on this forum with the simple purpose of telling people that they are wrong, because the admins didn't listen to you when you told them they were wrong.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir.
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Battle.net Name : Sir.
Posts : 214
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 26
Location : Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:30 pm

demon_fever_666 wrote:
Sir. your to much of a moronic fucking troll to understand that its people like you killing the vamp beast community. You sit here and make fun of noobs who try to learn how to play yet you were one of those noobs too. or wait you forgot about that didn't you? opps sorry was it being kept a secret that you were once a noob. no it wasn't. you learned how to play with the help of vb players and other noobs. back before we had a community filled with just about all trolls. you want everyone to believe your this almighty person yet your making yourself even more pathetic then a bug on the bottom of kerryjones shoes after jogging for an hour. keep sitting behind your computer and yelling at everyone and bring them down and chasing them away from the community that'll teach people to ever try out a new game and have a good time.... end rant.  Neutral 

? Now listen up sugar tits, by the way your ranting im guessing I have in some way hurt your pretty little feelings, but there there don't cry. Life is full of people that wont agree with you and believe me in your case it will be a shit ton of people. but I spent quite a few months helping new people went so far as to break rules killing griefers and gankers to deny them from ruining the game but then it hit me, they are the community now, Trolls we all love to hate like Deku and Justin etc. are vital members of the community they show us the glaring errors in the map. War3 is now idk like 13 years old or something...Your all thinking that with a new map itll instantly become zomglulzbbq popular but it wont, Time to stop fannying about to new players and dlers and start making them games more inhouse, team orientated.

Now you can start these little threads thinking its something new, but trawl the forums long enough and youll see the same threads over and over just with different titles.

Oh and ive never once considered myself almighty, hell anyone that plays with me knows how honest I am about what I can do in the map, so if you think im here trying to god over people to get my daily confidence buzz im afraid your wrong.

Now for me being a keyboard warrior? That's probably true, I disagree with the majority and usually side with the minority but what the hell Its fun to do.


Opaca I am disappoint, ive played sooooo many games with you the over the past couple months, that you should know my true intentions are to have fun on the map. I stopped towering, ganking, vesting, feeding, glitching and ending games early when people whined about it. Theres only been a few times when ive told an admin they were wrong, and that's when they asked my opinion. hell ive ranted at them and ill openly say a few are power happy fucktards that seem to like lording it over people on the game but to go as far as im grumpy :O, what happens here doesn't affect me in any shape or form when it comes to personal feelings, hell if I dislike whats going on with the map I don't play. haven't played a game on Sir. in quite a while and the games I have played on an alt *tcha non admins can hide on alts too* ive seen nothing that warrants the righteous defense of the community you all like to go on about.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt


Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt
Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 pm

demon_fever_666 wrote:
even more pathetic then a bug on the bottom of kerryjones shoes after jogging for an hour.


Kerry can jog?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
czydude
Berserker
Berserker


Battle.net Name : czydude@azeroth
Posts : 296
Join date : 2013-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:23 pm

the_deku_nutt wrote:
demon_fever_666 wrote:
even more pathetic then a bug on the bottom of kerryjones shoes after jogging for an hour.


Kerry can jog?

autobots roll out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire    

Back to top Go down
 
Noticing the Rage Flowing And throwing wood on the Fire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!
» Dwarfs or Wood Elves?
» Marauders Mayhem - Autumn Rage
» In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves
» Need Wood Elf Glade guard heads.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampirism Beast Legends :: Off Topic :: Ranting-
Jump to: