Dubs basic vampire guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Dubs basic vampire guide   Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 am

This is just a basic outline on how you should play vampire.

At the spawn you start with 15 gold, there is generally three openings that you can do.

1. Open with boots of speed, I prefer this opening because getting boots is always important.

2. Buy shades and scatter them to bases so you can hope that they won't get spotted and later teleport into them. Generally if the humans know that you have a few games under your belt by doing the !stats (your name) that they will assume that you bought shades and will react by scouting their selected bases with trackers, so I don't really recommend this opening. It's better to buy shades after you've attacked a few bases but you want to get them before the 10 minute mark (when humans get first gold assuming no leaks).

3. Save your gold and go for a few mini bases around the spawn area and buy wind walk potion, it acts like boots and it allows you to turn invisible, but you cannot pass through units with this invisibility. It's like the one the sorceress from wc3 melee rather than the blademasters windwalk.

After the starting period of the game I would recommend graving lumber workers to get you income along with attacking bases around the map. When the ruins opens I recommend that you buy claws of pillaging and termites so you get income when you attack peoples walls. You should also buy vampiric concoction so that you can escape situations such as slayer ganks or if you're taking a lot of damage from towers.

Until the gates open, you want to continue graving and perhaps use boom gem or burst gem and hammer to attack towers to net you gold, or even make an unholy grave which is a better version of a massive grave. You can make it buy having three massive graves and three sets of mini graves and 250 gold and 800 lumber, in addition to using them to kill lumber workers you can use them to siege bases at the front so you and your vampire buddy can double chain or chain yourself if the human has neglected to make a super fatass wall.

When gates open I would recommend getting credit card and attacking the weakest base for money. Credit Card is a better version of pillaging claws that gives you 1 gold per hit, making it the most profitable item until forge, which is then arguably profit spinner if you have mini vampires and a stack of mini graves to get money. You should then get armor and the rest of the items to get shards.

I know this is a bunch of text but here's a general order and timeline in which you can ideally get items, note that this is just my order and is not really optimal, because that would depend on what the situation is with the humans.

1. boots of speed
2. graves
3. pillaging claws and termites
4. Any item to get you to farm gold, unholy graves, boom gem, hammer, etc. (This is the situation part)
5. At ruins get credit card when gates open.
6. Get armor followed by haste. (haste essentially upgrades the cc so you get 2 gold per hit)
7.  Get rending claws then after that demonic remains
8. Buy helm close to forge opening and combine to create shards.
9. Buy cape of the shadow beast and mirror shield and void beast soul bomb, this is the end game tier items that you want.

Any other members of the community should feel free to add tips to how to play as vampire Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dub
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Dubhghall

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:28 pm

If you want to know how to make the items or what the items are here is the item list.

http://clanvbl.forumotion.com/t59-item-list-vb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_deku_nutt
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : The_Deku_Nutt

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Here's the best way to play vampire.

At the start don't waste your money on boots. Immediately check a side base for easy farm and get windwalk potion instead. It gives the same movespeed plus a useful active.

If you get a lot of gold early, buy a helm. The number of slayers you'll kill from doing so will easily offset the cost of the item with interest, and it gives you base-breaking potential.

Don't be a greedy whore. You have to spend money to make money. Tremble is the most cost efficient scaling item in the game, and you should always buy it. Vampiric hammer can be impactful at all stages due to it's permastun, and if gotten early enough you can stun mega walls on good players for better base-breaking potential. Boom gem and burst gem build into blasting which is core, while also providing good burst potential against gigas.

If you're really good at the game, just buy damage tomes while your partner buys level tomes. Then buy dreadlord. Then buy ring of the hell lords. Then wander around while humans refuse to change their play one iota to compensate for the fact that you're hitting for 10k.

Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : opaca

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:38 pm

the best way to play vampire is to outsmart your opponents
for that you need quick thinking and be able to develop strategies
or you can just copy what others do, but then you will never be the best

human is more quick fingers and vampire brain

what is the essence of wall jumping? outsmarting the person you are jumping and the other humans as well

the vampires that understand this are the most dreadful ones

Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Rok, fel, tzz, sem

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:30 am

once waterfire bought cape and ferno to kill me before the first 5 minutes

Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : waterfire the_dekus_nut

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 am

LOL i am super genius cape with infernal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ragnar
Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Ragnar_

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 pm

I've personally found that unholies just aren't worth it in this current version, ever. Ring of the hell lords in the beta was awesome, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emo.Donky
Grunt
Grunt

Battle.net Name : Emo.Donky

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:20 am

Ragnar wrote:
I've personally found that unholies just aren't worth it in this current version, ever.

Try telling that to kerry

opaca
Berserker
Berserker

Battle.net Name : opaca

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 am

Emo.Donky wrote:

Kerry only vamps when he has the clear advantage, aka stomps. What he does or doesn't in those games is irrelevant to balance. For example, I could buy claws of the dreadlord or ring of helllords in uneven games and still win everytime. Would that convince you that those items have their place?

Peon
Peon

Battle.net Name : Ragnar_

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:10 pm

opaca wrote:
Emo.Donky wrote:

Kerry only vamps when he has the clear advantage, aka stomps. What he does or doesn't in those games is irrelevant to balance. For example, I could buy claws of the dreadlord or ring of helllords in uneven games and still win everytime. Would that convince you that those items have their place?

No it wouldn't. You'd have to hang the games balance on those items. Just because you bought a ring of the hellord doesn't mean it won you the game. I'm trying to say that unholies has proven (to me at least) to be a waste of gold, such an excessive waste that it CAN cost me the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dubs basic vampire guide   

Back to top Go down

Dubs basic vampire guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1